1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

and ProClip info

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by benmueller, Mar 2, 2010.

1. benmueller

benmueller Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all,

Long time reader, first time poster here... I just bought a 2002 Prius and everything is going swimmingly.

One frustration that I did experience early on (as in, on the 1k mile road trip home from where I bought the car) is that the CD player skips incessantly (over bumps, around corners and for no reason at all). I tried one of those lens cleaning discs without improvement.

So, I sprung $25 for a Monster Cable iCarPlay adapter and couldn't believe how great it sounded. The only trouble was, now when I went around a corner my iPod went sailing off the passenger seat. Having used a ProClip mount in a previous car I went to their site but only to find that they only offered kits for the 2004-10 Prius.

Long story short, I searched around and finally got this response direct from the source:

"We used to carry an angled mount for the 00-03 Prius (only for models WITHOUT wood grain trim), but demand fell to the point that we no longer stock/carry it. We can still special order it from the manufacturer, but it will take 1-2 weeks for delivery. If you would like to order this mount and an accompanying holder, please place your order by phone at 800-296-3212 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM CST.

Best Regards,

ProClip USA Customer Service
    Toll free: +1 800-296-3212
    Email: customerservice at proclipusa dot com
    Web: proclipusa dot com"

Sure, the DICE setup is pretty slick, but altogether this solution is < $100 and sounds great (I think $30 for the vehicle mount + whatever device mount you need + $25 for the iCarPlay)

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Uh, I just slip the iPod in the cassette slot.

Bob Wilson

3. mlibanio

mlibanio Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    My advice...
    I have the USA-Spec kit, it works better and more reliably than the Dice, plus its cheaper. Further, I had that useless monster iPlay, it degrades after about 3 months. Return it while you can, you won't regret it. This USA-Spec kit, is easy to play, plus it will replace the useless record player... sorry I mean CD player. The stupid thing behaves like a record player though.