1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

And The BEEPS Go On !!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by NYPrius1, Feb 9, 2009.

1. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Two weeks ago I posted that I was getting a beep or two when shifting into park.

A Few people suggested a few things is your seat belt on, is your foot firmly on the brake etc.

Last week I was paying attention each time I put the car in park BUT the beeps did not happen.

Today, I went food shopping and put the car in park and heard a few beeps. I thought to myself " did you have your foot firmly on the brake when shifting?? I was not sure, So I put the car back in drive and than park and heard a burst of short beeps ( about 10 ) I checked and no error lights were on...... So I shut the car and went into the store.

On the trip home I put the car in drive, drove a few feet than stopped and put the car in park ( a short beep ) Than while in park I put my foot back on the brake and held firmly down and get a burst of 5 short beeps.

So When I got home I called the Toyota Dealer explained it to the service Dept. they were stumped. So we are set up WED for a Service call. I will report back as to the results.

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A failed or misadjusted brake position switch, perhaps. If it is consistent it should be easy for them to diagnose.

3. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Went to dealer today. We could not get the car to beep. ( As I said in my last posting it went a week with no beeps and than I got the burst of 5 and 6 beeps).
    The computer showed no problems and everything is working ok.

So, we shall see if anything else develops.

4. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A