1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anderson Cooper replaced Lou Dobbs - good choice

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bwilson4web, Jan 7, 2010.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    It got to the point that Lou Dobbs was just half a bubble removed from the crazies at Fox. But this evening, I watched Anderson Cooper 360 and he and the program aren't half bad.

Sure the program has general entertainment stories but it also has extended news. They've taken the lessons of 60 minutes and though briefer, I don't feel like someone is trying for force their opinion down my throat.

Bob Wilson

2. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    AC is pretty good. He's smart, friendly, and seems to not take positions and rather just reports from a pretty unbiased perspective. However, the AC and Kathy Griffith New Years program was painful to watch. How he put up with her is beyond me. She's like nails on a chalkboard.

3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

I grew up with a news junkie, my dad, who used to watch all of the morning news shows while he was simultaneously reading the newspaper. I submit that there is very little "news" these days on TV (even Cable News Channels); most of the programs are "infotainment".

I remember the Today show from the 70's and that they spent a lot more time on US and World news stories. Now they seem to scour the country for victims of the latest tragedy so they can be interviewed by Matt and Meredith to find out how they "feel".

Our local "news" program spends more time on plugging upcoming network programs than they do on World events. I suppose they are just giving people what they want, but it is sad that the collective attention span has deteriorated so much.

I think the best infotainment is The Daily Show / The Colbert Report and the worst infotainment is Fox News Channel.