1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Android BT syncing.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Thinh, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Thinh

Thinh New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello everyone, I've been having some difficulty with getting my technologies to pair up properly. Hope to get some useful advice.

I've got a EVO 4g, 2.2 Froyo (stock) and a Prius 2010 III with stock components as well.

I want to be able to stream music from my EVO ( Pandora) through the BT connection, but am unable to currently do so. I am able to sync the phone to the BT system and use the phone capacity in BT, but I can't get any kind of streaming audio and presumably mp3 play as well. (Never tried to play mp3s on my car)

I've heard that you need to sync the phone twice to get streaming, but the car will not let me sync the same phone twice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    BT music streaming requires nav, and your profile doesn't show you have nav, so I suspect that's why it doesn't work.

3. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    As been said, you have to have the NAV package for streaming. If you do, IIRC there is an additional setup in the audio menu for BT device (player) separate from the phone.

Possible work-around: copy music to a USB flash drive and insert in the port located in the arm console. It's very s......l......o.......w...... though plus no Pandora if you use that. FWIW