1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Annoying feature/bug in V710

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by edrum, Nov 1, 2004.

1. edrum

edrum New Member

I have another one to put on the list of bugs in the V710. I get text messages from time to time on my cell phone. When I'm driving with the cell phone and a text message comes in, the car acts as if its just a normal call and cuts the radio out. The message "Incoming Call" appears on the MFD. I hit the pick up button on the wheel and of course there is no one there. It wouldn't be so bad, except when you hang up it "rings" again and again until I grab the phone itself and acknowledge the text message there.

Has anyone else seen this?

&$%$%^&^*(*& verizon.........

2. lchern

lchern Junior Member

Did I miss something?

I've had a V710 for a few months, and wasn't aware that the "Ring" issue had been fixed. I went to a Verizon strore in early October, and they didn't have any notice of a firmware upgrade. For now, the only way that I know of an incoming call is that the sound goes off, and the message pops up on the MFD. But sometimes, I'm too late, and the call has already gone to voicemail.

Has there been a fix?

Thanks.

3. edrum

edrum New Member

What I mean when I say "Ring" is a classic V710 ring. In other words, the stereo mutes and a message pops up on the MFD. There is no audible ring. The problem I have is that I get that same "Ring" when I get a text message.

BTW, I hear that the V710 is being recalled by Verizon because it's a POS!. Well, more accurately the camera doesn't make a good picture. I guess that must be affecting Verizon's picture sales. They sure don't care about the bluetooth issues. Those don't affect their bottom line.