1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Annoying lack of CD info w/ JBL n 2005 model

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by 1enigma1, May 30, 2005.

1. 1enigma1

1enigma1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I see that my Prius displays tghe CD name and the TRACK name, but no ARTIST name...

Any way to squeeze this out? Even better -- does CD-TEXT even support artist info? I swear that my Honda Civic Hybrid w/ a new cd player did...

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

According to owner's manual, only disk and track title is displayed. Also depends if its on the CD encoded into CD-Text.

3. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have found that few CDs are encoded with CDText. Funny, I purchased a recent release of ELO's greatest hits and it did have CDText encoding, however that is the only CD I own with the encoding from the factory.

If you have a computer with a CD burner and quality burning software (Toast, Nero)? You can copy your CDs and download track information from the CDDB and then tell the software to include CDText information when burning the copy. It works slick and you will have CDText on your display, with the additional benefit of not carrying around your original CDs in your vehicle.