1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Annoying Proximity Sensor Warning on 2023 Prius Prime XSE

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Audio, Electronics and Infotainment' started by prius2017prime, Jan 1, 2024.

1. prius2017prime

prius2017prime Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    I have a 2023 Prius Prime XSE Premium with all the bells and whistles, Advance Park and Panoramic View. Is there a way to reduce, turn off or adjust the volume on the proximity sensor warning when parking? When I pull into my tight garage, I am about a 1 or 2 feet away from bicycles, work benches, etc and the warning sound gets louder and more annoying the closer you get to objects, from beeping to constant alarm. I can see everything on the 360 degree camera, I do not need the annoying warning sound. Is there a Toyota Safety Sense option to reduce the volume?

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes it's in the Owner's manual page 166-167 and Section 5 (Drive Support Systems).

In your MID, press < or > until the Settings icon is displayed then press OK

Go up/down until you find "Intuitive Parking Assist". Press OK

Turn it off.

3. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    And there is also an actual volume option there too.

In the dealer/scantool settings it is also possible to adjust the sensors to not start warning as early. I don't know if that adjusts the whole scale.

You can hit a "mute" button on the screen once the noise starts, but that's only temporary.