1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another 12V battery failure looming......???

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Easy Rider 2, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Easy Rider 2

Easy Rider 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Likely I think.....or I hope.

Yesterday sitting at a light, I noticed that the battery was down to 2 bars and the engine was running. It kept running while the car stood still for a couple of minutes (LONG light) but the battery charge was not going up.
    At the next light, I noticed that ECO mode was not ON. I turned it on and the odd behavior when stopped went away.

THEN......later I noticed that the buttons on the right side of the steering wheel weren't working right.
    Lightly touching the display button now does nothing. Trying to reset either of the trip ODOs fails.

I now have the hood up and meter ready to monitor the battery voltage for a few hours but I REALLY hope it's the battery.......because I don't trust the grease monkeys at the Toyota shop to fix anything that doesn't have a code glaring at them.

P.S. The car is a little over a year old with about 13,000 miles.

Has anybody found a direct replacement for the recent model C 12 V battery ......preferrably in an AGM type ??