1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another ad hoc test drive

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by bwilson4web, Apr 22, 2010.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus

I took my wife's 2010 to work today, it was parked in the driveway and easier to take than my 2003. We had to go downtown to the stadium and I noticed Steve was going. So I asked him if he'd like to drive the Prius.

He got to drive in "PWR" and "normal" mode but also up to 70+ mph with the windows closed. He noticed the pickup and the quiet power. This is the grassroots way to let folks who would not go to the dealer get 'some seat time.'

I don't expect Steve to go buy a Prius tomorrow but to at least gain an understanding of what our ride does. Seat time takes away the FUD. 'Word of mouth' without the pressure to buy.

Bob Wilson

2. dejongj

dejongj Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Most definitely the way I think....I was blown away by it, and it was met by great interest of the 4x4 Mums at the school grounds when we had our extended test run....yet a lot of my friends who haven't experienced it just say get a diesel, not that kind of rubbish and feel to remark that I must be of a certain sexual persuasion liking that piece of ....

Can't wait to tick them off one by one and share the experience...

3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You are a good man, Bob. I don't let anyone else drive my Prius. :madgrin: