1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another Aux-in question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Jonathan, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

Does the single disc radio have a plug for a CD changer? I ordered this and hope I have a place to plug it in! :oops:
    SSi America

2. DanH

DanH New Member

I can't say this for sure since I don't have my Prius yet, but every indication I can tell the answer would be 'yes'. Things like; you can get the 6 CD changer option for the car later on and the for the aux in device (iPod2car) I'm looking at for my iPod, their website show no issues except you have to unplug the 6 CD changer if you have one.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i have the single disk and there is no way to plug in anything that i can see unless you take the thing out of the dash. not an easy task.

4. DanH

DanH New Member

Yea, the connection is in the back. It's one of those molex type connectors. Also it looks like for most of the aux adapter units you need to get a cable harness from Toyota ( part# 08695-00370) to adapt to this stereo.

I was wondering how hard this would be too. I know in some cars you can reach in behind without taking the whole stereo out. So, if this might be possible with the Prius, with a little finess one could hook the cable in back leaving the stereo intact.

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    So many people have lamented the lack of an AUX IN plug, that I assume there is none in either of the Prius stereos.

If your question is whether you can remove the OEM stereo and replace it with the aftermarket CD changer, I don't know the answer.

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    reaching behind is impossible it is completely closed in in all areas except below the steering wheel. this area is so packed that even a very small hand would get virtually nowhere.

i used to use the area under the dash to put my wallet if i was sightseeing or something where high crime was likely as the glove box would be the first place anyone would look.

a quick look under the dash area near the control pedals made me realize that toyota's engineers definitely earn their money. there is very little unused space in the car.

7. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

removal of stereo

I have already had the dash apart thanks to Priusxm's DVD that instructs how to install their xm kit. The radio is pretty easy, just pull the silver vent pieces from each side of the radio 'stack' (there may be a tab or two that need to come off from behind connecting pieces) then remove the 2 hex head bolts from the top of the stack and that's it I think! Depends on what you have to connect to, also. Thanks, JOn

8. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    How about an aftermarket amp trigger wire at the back of the basic single-play CD? I have the AM package with the non-JBL CD player and want to add a sub amp. I'm looking for a wire that would output 12V when u turn the radio on. Not just an ACC wire that goes 12V when u power the car on, but a 12V wire that goes 12V when the radio is turned on. Any advice out there? Thanks, love my Prius! Also, any pics of the radio/dash removal available?

9. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

You can download some good info from this site that will have some dash pics I'm sure. Good luck, Jon