1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another EBH question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Rxmxsh, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Rxmxsh

Rxmxsh Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So my EBH is on its way, and should be here by the weekend. My question - does it harm/beneifit to car to plug in the EBH if the engine is already warm? For example, if I come home from work, and I know that in about 2 hours I am going to the gym - can I plug in the EBH then and have it ready to go?

Also - after some searching I found that some of you will keep your EBH plugged in for several days, or a week at a time. Does that not harm the car at all, or the integrity of the oil?

2. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It shouldn't do it any harm to plug it in with an already-warm block. I do it frequently when I expect to be driving again within ~3 hours.

Nor do I know of any harm from leaving plugged it up for an extended period ... except to your electric bill. I can't see the value in that, and the electricity cost will outweigh the fuel savings.