1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

another extended warranty question...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by GreenGene, Aug 29, 2007.

1. GreenGene

GreenGene New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yeah, I'm coming up on decision time. Our Prius is just under 30K miles, and at the rate we're putting miles on it, we'll easily hit 36K before the end of the year.

I have looked at several extended warranty threads, and I understand some (most?) of the reasons that people have for buying and for not buying.

What I'd like to know is, has anyone used their extended warranty? Is there a way of finding out how often Prius extended warranties are used? I'm not concerned with relatively minor (under $100) repairs - if I look at the warranty as a kind of insurance policy, then I'm much more concerned about major repairs, and would consider money spent on minor stuff as the equivalent of a deductible.

I assume that, with all the wonderful technology a Prius has, repairs could get costly. But is the Prius as dependable and durable as other Toyotas?

And that gets me back to my question - has anyone out there used their extended warranty?

Many thanks.

2. GreenGene

GreenGene New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. aapopper

aapopper New Member

4. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two

5. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My sister had to have her cd player replaced, but I don't know what the cost would have been without the warranty.