1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another First Time Fill Up

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Fuel Economy' started by JimmyPri, Jun 25, 2016.

1. JimmyPri

JimmyPri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    On my first fill up since picking the car up from the dealer I got 68.6mpg on the car trip meter. The dealer had given me a full tank. I went 601.9 miles and the tank took 9.033 gallons. So that comes out to 66.6mpg. That 2mpg difference falls in line with what most have been reporting here on Priuschat. My highest roundtrip day was 82.1mpg. I am almost ready to fill up for the second time and I am running 2+mpg higher. If anyone is interested I have posted on vimeo a video of these results at vimeo.com/172171277
    This is my second video on vimeo about the Prius. I am working on the next one detailing going downhill from 525 foot elevation to sea level.
    68.6.jpg 9 gal.jpg 82.1 H.jpg

2. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Could you please post also average speed per tank and temperature?

bwilson4web likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well done!(y)

4. JimmyPri

JimmyPri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The average speed on that first tank was about 17 or 18 mph. I say about because I forgot to check that screen. Now I know to record it in addition to the trip meter mpg screen, Thanks for reminding me. By doing basically that same driving today. This area speed limits are mostly 35mpr and some 25 with one road at 45 that I use a couple of times a week only for a minute or so. This second tank I went on a longer trip 125 miles and I see that brought up the averag to 25. That trip had a couple of brief 55mph roads. This is an island I live on.

The temperatures when I am driving (mornings) are mosltly in the lower 70 degrees F to 80 F. On that first tank I only had one time that the ICE came on at start up and I assume it was because I started out earlier in the morning and it happened to be a cooler morning at 64 degrees F

pakitt likes this.
  5. JimmyPri

JimmyPri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The average speed on that first tank was about 17 or 18 mph. I say about because I forgot to check that screen. Now I know to record it in addition to the trip meter mpg screen, Thanks for reminding me. By doing basically that same driving today. This area speed limits are mostly 35mpr and some 25 with one road at 45 that I use a couple of times a week only for a minute or so. This second tank I went on a longer trip 125 miles and I see that brought up the averag to 25. That trip had a couple of brief 55mph roads. This is an island I live on.

The temperatures when I am driving (mornings) are mosltly in the lower 70 degrees F to 80 F. On that first tank I only had one time that the ICE came on at start up and I assume it was because I started out earlier in the morning and it happened to be a cooler morning at 64 degrees F

6. JimmyPri

JimmyPri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks Bisco.