1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another "Hello" from Switzerland

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by M, Jan 23, 2005.

1. M

M New Member

Hi all,

received my Prius two days ago. I had to wait 7 months, but given my Toyota dealer told me I have to wait 11 months when I subscribed the contract, I consider it as a "fast" delivery :D

I'm completely happy and got already a list of people who would like to drive it once.

I still need some more km to drive the Prius with less fuel as possible. I only got 50 km so far so there still a lot to discover.

See you on the streets of Geneva!

2. Robert Taylor

Robert Taylor New Member

That list will continue to grow, and the common experience that I have is that people are pleasantly suprised.

However, my wife seems to be developing a penchant to getting into it.

It has happened twice now.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Welcome to the group, M, and congratulations on your 'fast' delivery.

I'm sure you will enjoy driving your Prius as much as you're friends will enjoy riding in it. And you'll find that you even enjoy teaching them about it.

There are several threads and documents that are excellent for new owners. Start in the Knowledge Base and the Files sections. Then, befriend the Search page. And please don't be shy to post all your questions.

4. Sylko

Sylko New Member

5. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Hi - "M" ...

ENJOY your new Prius ! Do you see many other Prii in Switzerland?

We will be in Bern June 15-19 for the International Church Music Festival after a brief visit to Innsbruck and Lake Lucern. As you would expect, we will be on the lookout for Prii while there.

6. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    M,
    A coworker of mine is relocating to Zurich / Zug for a year-long project (probably 18 months!). He's already convinced that I'm tapped into this whole international Prius cult. Sometime, if possible, I would love to somehow arrange something that would blow his mind. The ultimate would be to somehow have you bump into him and say, "the Prius continuum says hi".

As an American living abroad, he will no doubt have some problems until he gets accustomed. If you know someone in Zurich / Zug who would like to meet a fun-loving professional male and help him fit in a little better, send me a private message and we can work something out.

7. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    Hummm PriusChat dating agency. Prius owners only need apply :lol:

8. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Give it time, Victor. He's in for a yearor more of extensive international travels. It won't be long before he's in or near Munich.

9. arubinst

arubinst Junior Member

Well, then I must be the lucky guy!!! (or let's just say I did my homework).

I started looking for a Prius in January and noticed that some Swiss webpages advertised toyota dealers who claimed to have them.

I finally got serious about 3 weeks ago and It took me one week to call the dealers in Lausanne and surrounding areas and find the one I wanted (Premium Pack 2) in Payerne, and one week to do the paperwork to change my old leasing and buy the new car. I drove it the same day I signed (last week) and I will go tomorrow to pick it up (they said there is a new law that imposes a 10 day wait before they can actually give you the car once you sign the leasing contract).

So guys... tomorrow I should be a very happy man :D. It's been the longest week of my life!!!

10. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Great! Welcome aboard from abroad.
    How long have you been at PriusChat? Did you just find it or have you been 'lurking' for some time?

11. arubinst

arubinst Junior Member

My brother and I went for a test drive when the 2004 model came out. He was the one who was considering buying a Prius. My new car (a Honda Jazz) had been with me for just over a year with a 4 year leasing contract.

They told us he'd have to wait 1 year for his car, so he decided to think about it a little bit.... 1 year is sooooo long when you want something very hard.

The truth is that we both fell in love with the car, and I started googling for some info. I firs found http://john1701a.com/ which pushed me even deeper into loving the car :oops: and then I found this site. I've been visiting regularly, but then started talking about the car again last november so I visited the site more often.

And then, as I said, the idea came to my mind that I should buy a Prius for me :D and you know the rest of the story... well... what you don't know is that I DID get the car yesterday and that I'm delighted. Thanks to this page (and john's), I was able to start enjoying my car the very first minute I got it. I've read so much useful information about it that I could easily find my way around the controls. There were many things I couldn't appreciate when we went on the test drive a year ago... this car is fantastic... it takes over a 20 min drive to understand it...

arubinst

12. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    My family and I relocated to Germany for an 18Month contract. it streched out for 7 years. We had a blast touring the continent and England. I envy him just a little as I miss the wonderful people who made our extended visit so memorable.