1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another Hymotion is on the road...

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by Bear68, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Bear68

Bear68 Member

Starting a new thread that might be of interest to some. My Boss, (owner of the dealership) has had a Hymotion system installed in a brand new Prius. He plans to make use of it as an advertising/promotional vehicle, complete with a full body wrap.
    He asked me to observe the installation and ask any and all questions of which I could think, in order to familiarize myself with the system. The install was done here at the dealership. My Boss then requested that I drive the car for a week of longer to see just what sort of mileage it can produce. My best record for a stock Prius so far is 74 mpg over a fifty mile round trip. (work to home and back)
    Based upon my 100 miles driven so far and my observations of the frequency of operation of the ICE, I am beginning to expect an extremely high mpg. This is mainly due to the fact that I do drive like the proverbial "little, old lady" and that plugging in the car at home and again at work allows it to run primarily on the Hymotion system without ever actually running the ICE except for momentary warmup on first starting.

In a few days, I will post the mpgs calculated from the miles driven divided by the amount of fuel added. Should be intersting.....

1 person likes this.
  2. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Lucky !

Your fuel economy calc may be off, since the fuel tank bladder takes varying amounts of fuel each fill-up. I suggest either using a scan-gauge or wait till three fill-ups before you try the arithmetic.

1 person likes this.