1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

another joins from Australia

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by siteauditor, Apr 10, 2008.

1. siteauditor

siteauditor Aussie Hybridiser

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Greetings fellow like minded ones!

I was very pleased to accidentially come across this site as I was looking for new tyres for my 2007 Prius. I am up to 101,000km and the Michelins are starting to look a little wore on their centre treads lines. I was impressed that they lasted so long!

I hear the Michelin Energy MXV8's are the go - any comment?:wave:

I look forward to actively participating in this website - I am definitely a strong supporter of the Prius (and not the poorly designed Honda hybrid) and I look forward to hearing from other like minded types!

Regards from Newcastle on Hunter, NSW, Australia,

siteauditor

2. AussieOwner

AussieOwner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PC, siteauditor. Glad to see another Aussie join the group. I have found a lot of info here since I joined in 2007. You obviously do a few miles with over 100k kms in a year - mine only has just under 8k kms in 10 months, but then again, it is mainly used for local runs by the wife.

3. au_prius

au_prius Australian Prius Driver

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome siteauditor!

It's good to see us Aussie Prius owners represented here!

I'm impressed that you've joined the 100,000 km club. May I ask, apart from replacing your tyres, have you had any problems with you Prius thus far? I'm assuming you drive the NHW20 Prius....

4. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    G'day siteauditor,
    Welcome to PC.

If economy is your goal then the new Michelin Energy XM1+ would be worth a look. I saw them advertised today for $119 each fitted and balanced at Bob Jane Tyre Service. They are supposed to be good for about 20% longer tread life and lower rolling resistance than the XM1s.

The MXV8s would be a good choice if you want to move to a slightly grippier tyre at the cost of slightly higher fuel consumption.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    hello and :welcome: to PriusChat!