1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another MPG Question Los Angeles/ Ontario

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by dmuniz, Feb 11, 2008.

1. dmuniz

dmuniz New Member

Hello,
    I have read countless threads about MPG, but was hoping if anyone else had the same commute as I did. If so could you comment on the MPG you are getting. I usually leave home around 6:AM and head home around 4:30P (Just in time for rush hour which in Los Angeles means a lot and stop...wait...go...stop....wait...go)

My commute starts where the 60 and 15 meet. and ends at the 10 and 110 freeway. Any feed back on what kind of MPG you are averging during rushour would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Winston

Winston Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    At least give us a google maps link.

3. dmuniz

dmuniz New Member

4. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I commute from Chatsworth (west SF valley) to Azusa, east of Pasadena 45 miles on the 118 and 210. My lifetime average is 50.1 (over 53,000 miles). This time of year (bitter California winter) I'm getting 47-48mpgs per tank. I drive near or above the limit, about 1/3 in HOV, and set the AC about 72 all year round. There are some moderate hills on my route. As I recall your route should be fairly flat. You should be getting close to 50- without trying too hard. Be sure your tire pressures are at least 40/38. My commute is mostly against traffic, but stop and go should equal more mpgs not less. When I do encounter stop and go, my mileage goes up a little.

5. dmuniz

dmuniz New Member

Thanks for the feed back.