1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another navigation while in motion question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jrod81, Jun 13, 2009.

1. jrod81

jrod81 Member

hey guys
    just read thru the 'easter eggs' and hacks in this section of the forum. i don't have my prius yet, i get it monday, but am i understanding correctly that when the car is in motion fast than 3mph that i won't be able to type in a new destination? in other words, if i am on my way to grandma's house and decide i want to find a subway, i won't be able to without pulling over and typing in subway? that sucks! so i found that hack that has to be entered every single time you get back in the car after powering off- is there something somewhere else that i am missing of a way to give the capability of typing in new destinations while in motion?
    thanks
    jared

2. pdhenry

pdhenry It's HEEERE!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You can press the voice recognition button and say "fast Food restaurant" and then look for the icon corresponding to a Subway (assuming you're talking about the Subway sandwich chain).

There are other voice recognition commands for the Nav but I've never figured them out well enough to remember them. I usually would need to pull over to read the dang manual, at which point I can just use the touchscreen.

3. spitinuri

spitinuri Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If you really have to access the nav during your drive get lockpick III.

4. Yont283

Yont283 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I have heard some bad stories about the lockpick.

I would just do it yourself and put the seperate switches into the top glove box.

Prius Speed Wire
    very good website, this is what i followed

this way everything can stay factory when you want and then just hit your switch to enter text. I love mine and have the sl2vi installed also.

5. jrod81

jrod81 Member

yeah i am a bit concerned about some of the bad things i have heard come along with the lockpick too... i will take a look at the prius speed wire link...