1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another new owner

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ramarren, Aug 12, 2006.

1. ramarren

ramarren New Member

So I was expecting my Prius to arrive next week sometime when the dealer calls me yesterday at 4pm to tell me the car is in and ready for pickup! Thinking that it would only take an hour or two, I went over to get it. Well, let's not go there ... but I didn't leave the dealership until 8:30pm. Sheesh.

It's a Driftwood Pearl with package #6 (HK). What the heck is it with these color names? I'd call it "light gold".

I was able to drive away in only a few minutes of figuring out where controls for lights and such were, but omigosh it's going to take me a while to figure out all the stuff in it. It's a very nice car to drive, regardless. I like the quiet, the performance is just fine, the sound system is very good. Pretty darn pleased.

Now onwards to Priusing about... Those trim rings have got to come off the wheels. And that reverse beeper MUST be silenced... ;-)

I must take some pictures of it today too.

Godfrey
    --- newbie Prius driver ---

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

welcome to the cult.

3. Autosmiler

Autosmiler New Member

They took forever for me, too! I was a bit more optimistic though, thinking it wouldn't take more than 45-60 minutes. *roll eyes* Congrats on the new car! Now to print out those PC card templates ...

4. Starfall

Starfall New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godfrey DiGiorgi @ Aug 12 2006, 09:44 AM) [snapback]302105[/snapback]</div>
    Buying any car takes a long time - checking it out/over, paperwork, paperwork & more paperwork, financing (if applicable), more paperwork, sales pitches for added features/services (potentially more paperwork). All along the way this plethora of paperwork should be read - questions may arise, there may be major or minor errors in the write-up or calculations.

Add to this the fact that a new Prius owner definitely needs an intro to all the features the car has! This can & should take up to an hour, maybe more, depending on the knowledge of the new owner. After all, it'd be a bad idea not to know how to turn on the headlights if it were nighttime.

Going late in the day or on the weekend when one is tired, hungry, or the dealership is swarming with people is probably not the best idea.

Would that I had known this with the purchase of my last car!

But I digress...

Godfrey, enjoy your new car & welcome to PriusChat!

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The trim rings come off and you can shut off the reverse beep. There are directions here on Priuschat somewhere.

I went to test drive a Prius a little after noon. I thought I'd do a quick test drive then go have lunch. I ended up buying it. It was almost 6 pm by the time I got out of there (the longest wait was for the finance guy to try to sell me stuff I already told him I didn't want, then to wait for them to finish the prep work. They washed the car among other things. I would have taken it dirty if I could have gotten out of there. Or they could have at least given me something to eat.

I agree the colors are a bit confusing. I bought a black Prius. They call it.....black.

I find the packages even worse. I can't keep the letters straight. I just call mine a package #1.

6. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations on your Driftwood Pearl!. My car isn't white - it's SUPER WHITE! Fortunately, it doesn't have to duck into phone booths to change from electric motor to ICE!

7. ramarren

ramarren New Member

Thanks for all the good thoughts! :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Aug 12 2006, 03:45 PM) [snapback]302286[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, I ripped those trim rings off in 10 seconds flat. Easy. My partner, who was horrified at the thought of it removing the trim, took one look and said, "Hey, you know it looks a lot nicer that way!" LOL!!!

I'd seen and archived the reverse beep procedure already, did it this morning. Blissful silence when I back out of my parking space now.

Been out and about with it today. It's a very good car to drive, not too squishy and quiet. Performance is just fine by me. I'll figure out what everything is eventually.

BTW, I knew more about its features than the salesman. No run thru of anything by this jerk. Luckily, I didn't expect much of him anyway.

Godfrey
    --- another Prius enthusiast ---

8. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congrats...enjoy the ride!!! :rolleyes:

9. BobZ

BobZ New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godfrey DiGiorgi @ Aug 12 2006, 10:44 AM) [snapback]302105[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome aboard