1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another newbie - never introduced myself

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by AlwaysDrivingFL, Jan 19, 2019.

1. AlwaysDrivingFL

AlwaysDrivingFL Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So I was lurking - reading and learning - for a number of weeks before posting. We bought a used 2008 this week, 150k on it, and it is basically pristine. Decent CARFAX.It’s either a touring without 7 spoke wheels, or the model under. No clue how to figure that out either! Lol I have leather, JBL and nav (that needs a map update).

The local dealer I bought it from had the ABS actuator replaced, I cropped up with a problem with it Thursday night, and after going and having codes read another pump was ordered under the warranty it came with. The mechanic seemed to know Prii, and said that basically all that goes wrong on this gen is the ABS thing, the battery and the water pump thing.

Now question on that - is it near the ABS thing we are replacing again next week? Should I consider having it replaced while everything is torn down? If so, what price am I looking for in parts?

I’m excited to be part of the Prius family, I expect I will drive this for a long time - or then a kid will. I do a ton of driving, the last 2 years around 20k miles in a 60 mile radius from my house. Chasing some medical issues at the team 65 miles away - I don’t expect 2019 to be any different.

Looking forward to also teaching the kids how to work on it some too - we will learn together and my ex can pick up the pieces

Thanks for all the info - it has been fantastic to have!

Tracey, aka the AlwaysDriving Mom

2Fats, Robert Holt and Burna J like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome, all the best!(y)

AlwaysDrivingFL likes this.
  3. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome. The water pump and brake pump are roughly on the same end of the engine bay, but I don't think accessing either one gets you closer to the other. Maybe a little bit. There are people here who have done one or the other. Hopefully one of them will spot this and offer a more informed opinion.

4. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Open the drivers door and look at the tire size on the sticker. If it says the car uses 16 inch tires it’s a touring model. All regular models use 15 inch tires.