1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another Newbie... picked up my 2009 2/27/09...

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by edzinru, Feb 28, 2009.

1. edzinru

edzinru New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Did a lot of research. Selected the magnetic gray met. with the #2 option pack. I am having leather installed aftermarket as I didn't want all the other items in order to have leather. Found a great deal and great dealer in Charlottesville, Virginia. I'm sure I will love this car. Also, tried the Honda Civic hybrid but the Prius impressed me enough that I couldn't get excited about it. I really didn't like the idea that the back seat didn't fold when I need extra storage. Looking forward to reading and learning from this forum.

2. snead_c

snead_c Jam Ma's Car

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome :welcome:

This is a great place to learn about your Prius...I've been here several months and still find something "I didn't know" almst every day.
    Enjoy your ride and this weekends snow :cheer2:

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    :welcome: Welcome to Priuschat and Prius ownership.

In my opinion, you nailed it. It's not just the technology and the mileage but also the "simple" things like the hatchback and the folding seats. Also what you said about the HCH in comparison. It's not just the Civic but in time you will start to lose respect for all conventional cars. Oh sure, they have some nice features but why is the engine idling?

Enjoy your new car and like snead said, there's never a shortage of things to learn.

4. edzinru

edzinru New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Thanks for the welcomes. I stated that I got a great deal and that may or may not be true. I have seen several request for info. on cost and I don't mind sharing if anyone is interested. As stated, I got package #2 with the rear bumper applique and the preferred accessory package (carpet floor and cargo mats and cargo net). I added leather installed on all the cloth surfaces (after market). Then as always comes all the fees, taxes, etc. so OTD was $24,500. Maybe it wasn't a great deal but I at least convinced them to use round numbers :). All I can say about my first inpression is the feeling of quality. I may have done better by waiting a month or so but I guess that is always just a guess.

Again, thanks for the welcome.

5. snead_c

snead_c Jam Ma's Car

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Anything you might have saved in purchase price would have been lost in ownership satisfaction.
    :cheer2:

6. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Welcome to the Magnetic Gray Club. Now put some air in your tires & VentureShield on the car. It's a scratch magnet & the primer is white.:eek:

7. edzinru

edzinru New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Jim... Thanks for the suggestion of VentureShield. Haven't heard of it before but think it sounds like the logical thing to have done.

8. Bill1

Bill1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Welcome to the Prius newbie club! There is a lot to learn. This forum has really helped me understand how the car works and how to work the car. Be sure to check out the user guide on John1701's site. I was very happy to learn how to turn off the reverse beep.