1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another newbie question!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jdauteuil, Oct 17, 2006.

1. jdauteuil

jdauteuil New Member

I was adjusting my temperature today using the controls on my steering wheel. As I was adjusting, the fan speed kept adjusting. I can't figure out why and I coudn't get it to do it again. What I am missing?

And I just learned by reading posts that you can mute the radio by pressing and holding in the mute button! I like that! Thanks!

Jenn

Oh, and I got my windows tinted this past weekend and she looks great!

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jdauteuil @ Oct 17 2006, 12:54 PM) [snapback]334085[/snapback]</div>
    It could be that you were changing the temperature enough that the system thought it needed more air flow to reach the temperature you had set. I think it compares the temperature inside the car with the temperature you have set and decides what to do to get it there. But of course the system, at least the fan, needs to be in automatic to do that.

3. stanleyjohn

stanleyjohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I beleave that the fan will start at a high speed and automatictic adjust lower till the proper temp has been met.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In AUTO mode, the computer will adjust the fan speed and mode accordingly as you adjust the desired temperature.

Also, holding the up/down arrows will change CDs (I believe it'll scan for the next radio station in radio mode)

5. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    The fan speed does adjust higher as the desired temperature gets furthur from the actual temperature (or vise-versa).

6. derkraut

derkraut Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What Tideland Prius says is absolutely correct (again :) ) You can take the climate control off automatic, shut off the air conditioner, and set the fan speed wherever you like from OFF to HIGH. I do that a lot here in cool, pleasant San Diego, pulling in outside air. It really makes a difference in fuel consumption, especially in congested, city-type driving.

7. chimohio

chimohio New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jdauteuil @ Oct 17 2006, 03:54 PM) [snapback]334085[/snapback]</div>
    What mute button? Am I missing something? :unsure:

8. jdauteuil

jdauteuil New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prius biker @ Oct 17 2006, 07:33 PM) [snapback]334242[/snapback]</div>
    Lol! That's exactly what I said! If you hold down the "mode" button on the steering wheel it will shut the radio off! I tried it on my way home tonight... wouldn't ya know, "audio off" appeared on the screen!

As for my temperature thing. I must have had it on automatic which I never have it on. Then I shut it off and that's probably why I couldn't get it to do it again.

Thanks for your help!!

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(derk @ Oct 17 2006, 03:33 PM) [snapback]334219[/snapback]</div>
    heh

no kidding. But even in AUTO mode and cooler temperatures, I still can get pretty good mileage. Why? cause it hasn't rained yet. It's been a dry autumn so far but when the rain comes, my mileage will take a dip because of the compressor running to keep the cabin dry and the rear defroster on and cold rain cooling the hood and components.