1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another Newcomer

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by RichPasco, Nov 6, 2008.

1. RichPasco

RichPasco Richard C. Pasco, Ph.D.

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Google helped me find this Forum and it's just what I've been looking for since my beloved (now fiancee) started letting me drive her 2007 Prius a year ago.

- Rich

2. RichPasco

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I've been very pleased with the car in all ways. Until I met her, I expected any 50 MPG car to be underpowered weakling, but no, the Prius is peppy! It's a well-designed car.

3. RichPasco

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I enjoy watching the dashboard display of fuel consumption, both real-time and average, but I always took them "with a grain of salt" until I drove from San Jose CA to beyond San Diego and back (over 1000 miles) on just 20 gallons of gas. Wow!

4. RichPasco

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The car has been trouble-free, requiring only normal maintenance, until this evening. The tire pressure warning indicator came on, even though my pocket gauge indicated proper inflation in all four tires. Google led me to the thread PriusChat > Toyota Prius Forums > Prius Main Forum > 2007 Prius Tire Pressure Sensors which answered most of my questions. Google also helped me find another site which answered the rest of them.

When I'm a newcomer to a community, I like to begin by offering a gift to that community. The PriusChat community is no exception. As my gift, I was excited to share a link to that other site with the other readers of that thread.

5. RichPasco

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    However, the vBulletin® software running here wouldn't let me post a link to an external site until after I had made five posts (without external links). That's why I broke this self-introduction up into five separate posts. I hope nobody minds.

6. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome RichPasco. I was a newcomer myself a year ago. Congrats on getting excellent mpg and hope that your fiance will let you keep the car longer.

Drive Safe.

7. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to Priuschat!

Amazing economy huh. I've ridden many small, 600cc motorcycles that cannot get over 45 mpg under best of circumstances, and oh boy aren't motorcycles accomodating .. not.

I'm doing more short onesy, twosey mile trips lately. I'll see if I can get the car to do less than 50 mpg. ;)

8. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hello Rich, That's a smart fiance you have there, she bought a Prius, hurry up and marry her. Andy.