1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another noob joins up

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by longrider, Mar 20, 2008.

1. longrider

longrider soxfan

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Just bought an 07 this afternoon. I'm picking it up tomorrow and wanted to stop by, say hello and hopefully learn a few things. I'm not even sure what the package is so I entered base. I traded in my 01 4-Runner which was actually one of the nicest vehicles I've ever owned but with elderly parents 2 1/2 north and a girlfriend 1 hour to the south it just didn't make sense anymore. I only hope I enjoy this Prius as much. Being a long time Toyota guy, I'm pretty sure I made the right decision. I noticed a couple months back Consumer Reports gave the Prius the highest owner satisfaction numbers they've ever given a passenger car so that certainly bodes well.
    My first question: My car does not have the I-Pod adapter and that's something I really want. Is it possible to put in an aftermarket stereo in that synchs with the in-dash controller? Can the current system be upgraded to dock my I-Pod?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat, longrider! You made a great choice. The base model has very little extra, including no aux in to the sound system. A package 2 has AM/FM CD with six speakers, auxiliary audio jack and MP3/WMA playback capability, Smart Key System, Backup camera, and Vehicle Stability Control (VSC). You can take audio our of your iPod and feed it in the aux jack. There are several options of connecting your iPod through its connector, getting data as well as audio out. Check out the Audio and Electronics forum or use Search (third link from right near the top).