1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another Pre-Collision System Question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by orfever, Oct 29, 2009.

1. orfever

orfever New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi-
    I'm considering buying a Prius V with the AT package in order to get the Pre-Collision System feature. But- a question- is it always on, or is on only when you turn the cruise control on?

Thanks!

Bert

2. maledyris

maledyris New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's always on, and there's a button to disable it if you want to for some reason.

3. priusworld

priusworld New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Bert,
    I just bought a Prius V and I just found the PCS button>Just underneath the steering column to the right>>did I see the on/off button. I asked for help with this issue and I got some helpful tips...If the "PCS" is displayed on your dash-board>>If is disabled>>OFF

Good Luck!

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Turning it off disables automatic braking, but the other safety features are still active.

Tom

5. tidefan

tidefan New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It is only on when you enable the feature. It works great and you will enjoy on trips for sure. It is turned on when you turn on the cruise control. Enjoy....Bob

6. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Nope - it's always on. See pages 249-254 of the manual. Has 3 separate functions - (1) seatbelt retraction, (2) brake assist (applies more force when braking), and (3) auto application of brakes if collision unavoidable. As qbee42 already said, only the auto braking can be turned off.

Seatbelts - if speed greater than 3 mph, relative speed difference between car and other car or obstacle greater than 18 mph, and someone in front wearing seatbelt (though I know it also tightens back passenger belts).

Brake Assist - if speed greater than 18 mph, relative speed difference between car and other car or obstacle greater than 18 mph, and brakes depressed.

Auto Braking - if speed greater than 9 mph, and relative speed difference between car and other car or obstacle greater than 18 mph.