1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another Prius/Entune oddity….

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ny_rob, Jun 26, 2013.

1. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    2012 PIP with regular NAV and audio....

Many agree Entune sucks, but this is really just illustrates how poorly executed the system is…

When listening to radio stations, you have a list view on the touchscreen display like this:
    Station A
    Station B
    Station C
    If you’re listening to the station in the middle of the list (Station B) and press the “arrow up” button on the steering wheel the tuner does what you requested and goes to the station (Station A) above the present station on the list. If you press the “arrow down” button on the steering wheel the tuner does what you requested and goes to the station (Station C) below the present station on the list. So, that’s all good- it goes up the list when pressing the “arrow up” button and it goes down the list when pressing the “arrow down” button. Just what you expect it to do.

Now here the hard to fathom part….

While listening to music on a USB flash drive you have a list view on the touchscreen display like this:
    Song A
    Song B
    Song C
    If you’re listening to the middle track in the list (Song B) and press the “arrow up” button on the steering wheel the tuner goes down to the next track on the list!
    If you’re listening to the middle track in the list (Song B) and press the “arrow down” button on the steering wheel the tuner goes up to the previous track on the list!

With the radio the “UP” button goes up the station list.
    With the USB stick the “UP” button goes down the track list.

With the radio the “down” button goes down the station list.
    With the USB stick the “down” button goes up the track list.

Way to go Toyota! :(

2. snoctor

snoctor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have Entunes on my Rav4 EV, it is a colossal mess. Bad in so many ways. In contrast, the interface on my 2010 Prius is simple and not very sophisticated but immediately intuitive, makes sense and works.