1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another shuttlecraft

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Doc Willie, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Starfleet Command announces the commissioning of the second Prius-class shuttlecraft, the Zhang Sui. This follows the successful introduction of the first Prius-class shuttle, the Zhang Heng,

[attachmentid=10363]

which has demonstrated its superior design by becoming the most energy efficient vessel in the Federation, traveling 493 parsecs between dilithium recrystalizations.

In the tradition of naming shuttlecraft after scientists, astronauts and TV producers, the Zhang Sui is named for a Tang Dynasty astronomer and Buddhist monk who discovered the proper motion of stars, a finding usually attributed in the West to Edmund Halley.

It is expected that this will inaugurate a large fleet of these versatile craft.

[attachmentid=10364]

Attached Files:

2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Back when I first got my Geo Metro, I named it The Shuttlecraft because I thought it looked like one. My housemates, however, dubbed it The Smurfmobile, the name which eventually won out.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    So is the Zhang Sui NCC-1701A/5?

Oh and it looks really neat. I'm sure you'll be the hit of the convention!

4. Doc Willie

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Aug 4 2007, 03:55 PM) [snapback]490593[/snapback]</div>
    Well, it would be, except that I have got the decal sets all mixed up trying to find stuff that fit. But it wouldn't be if it were not assigned to the Enterprise, The side decals now read USS Eagle, so there should be a different registration number. I'll let the Starfleet brass sort that one out. Much weider stuff has had to be explained away by the Omnipedia and Starfleet Alpha.

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doc Willie @ Aug 4 2007, 08:13 PM) [snapback]490680[/snapback]</div>
    Doc Willie, they look fantastic. Good job changing the registration numbers. Should keep Star Fleet Command from tracing the stolen shuttles.

6. Doc Willie

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimN @ Aug 4 2007, 11:19 PM) [snapback]490744[/snapback]</div>
    More difficult to explain will the the 1/34 reduction in sze that occured as the Zhang Sui was transported to the surface for deployment. Fortunately, there were no personnel on board. Transporters are really unreliable for anything larger than a 20th century refrigerator (confining a wider beam is more difficult). It did, however, make it easier to steal.

7. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    HTTP 404 Not Found

8. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Awwww, the Zhang Sui is adorable! Did you also give it matching underbelly LEDs like the Zhang Heng has?

9. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My sweetie is a Shellback :)