1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another Temperature Mod

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by JoesMorgue, Oct 8, 2008.

1. JoesMorgue

JoesMorgue Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have talked to a couple of friends (electrictions) at my work, both are willing/able to help me with my work so its done RIGHT!

Instead of a POT, and constantly adjusting, I asked them about creating an artifical floor (and a switch to let the car work normally) for the ICE temperature. One of them suggested using an Operational Amplifier (I think thats the name) a.k.a. Op. Amp to create a smaller temperature window.

I needs to know the minimum operational temperature that allows pulse-and-glide (preferred with heat on, or both) and the voltage related to this.

He also told me that a bunch of calculations must be done to make this artifical temperature. Has anybody done these?

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated, as he is not going to do all the work himself, and my knowledge of electronics and electricity is VERY limited!

2. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    70 deg C is about the threshold for stage 4, and there are a couple
    of charts in my ECT page. You're probably looking at about
    0.65 volts at threshold.
    _H*

3. ken1784

ken1784 SuperMID designer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You don't have to use OP Amp to fake the temperature constantly, just use a fixed value resistor.
    You can get approx 75C(S4 area) using 360 ohm resistor parallel to the thermistor.
    http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-modifications/36342-another-thermistor-hack.html

Ken@Japan

4. JoesMorgue

JoesMorgue Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  5. ken1784

ken1784 SuperMID designer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh, I see. You have never told us such function.
    If I were you, I'll install the attached circuit for your function, but I have not tested it yet.
    Anyway, I've never heard that Prius got over-heated.

Ken@Japan

Attached Files: