1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another view on Mac vs. Windows

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jkash, Apr 9, 2006.

1. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Another reason why the Middle East situation can't be resolved.

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jkash @ Apr 9 2006, 07:30 AM) [snapback]237129[/snapback]</div>
    Amen B)

3. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jkash @ Apr 9 2006, 07:30 AM) [snapback]237129[/snapback]</div>
    Ah, but now my Mac can run your Windows directly or virtually. Perhaps we have more in common than we thought.... ;)

4. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Any perceived conflict regarding Mac and Wintel has been greatly reduced by the Mac OS moving to faster, dual Intel chips. The Mac OS remains UNIX-based, is not subject to most viruses, does not crash or hang-up and runs Windows for those committed to an OS that Microsoft is having trouble upgrading (Vista).

Every NASA and aerospace facility is at minimum one-half Mac OS. Hollywood lives and creates on Mac OS. Mac OS offers the best of both worlds (Mac and Wintel). Those who argue Wintel-exclusive, are missing one-half of our current knowledge and tool base.

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Begreen @ Apr 9 2006, 09:50 AM) [snapback]237179[/snapback]</div>
    Talk to me I just spent 3 days making "THE BEAST" work. Just by the way as I was gazing at all the files that Windows was installing, did I see flash by SATIN666.exe. You might try reloading your systems from scratch. First erase your drive and install a fresh Windows XE watch very carefully at about 87% of files written it will flash by in less than a second. At least my BEAST is partitioned. That is dangerous enough. Well back to the cleansing rituals.

6. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    yes... let me just erase my entire hard drive to see "satin666.exe" flash by my screen for half a second...