1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Another weird sensor thing ☹️

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Chris Wolfgram, Jul 4, 2024 at 3:02 PM.

1. Chris Wolfgram

Chris Wolfgram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Okay, here we go again. So yesterday it was cooking hot here in Sacramento CA.... About 110F. and my 22' XLE was parked facing straight into the sun.
    So I hop in it, start to drive and I get a pop up... Which (I think it said) "Front collision camera not available"....
    Huh ? Okay. So I get on the freeway, go to hit cruise control, and it wouldn't let me use it, but kept popping up with "Front collision camera not available" ?
    So while driving, I'm looking at all of my dash lights, and the "check engine" indicator was NOT on, so that's good. But oddly, I see a tire pressure indicator light is ? Also, I had the yellow triangle warning light about the gear indicator.
    So when I got home, I checked all my tire pressure...I think one might have a slow leak, maybe around the bead, but it was only 32 lbs (on a very hot road) but the other 3 were at 42 lbs. I think my mechanic puts 36 in them, but it was probably 80F degrees when I saw him last, so I'm pretty sure that was why they were at 42. None the less, I lowered the 3 tires to 35 lbs.
    Hopped back in the car, fired it up, and now the warning ⚠️ symbol has gone away, and my cruise control works again.
    Only thing is, the little indicator that shows the cross section of a tire with the exclamation point is still on ?

Will that clear itself after a certain number of restarts ?
    Is it possible that one of my tires individual sensors has gone out ?
    My mechanic said we can throw it on his scanner to see which tire is causing that... But that's about an 80 minute round trip, so unless I was going that way anyway.... Or during my next oil change....
    Granted, if my car lost cruise control again, id probably have to take a drive...
    Any of you have any experiences like this ?
    Any guess as to what's really going on ???

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV