1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Answered Toyota quality online survey today

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by GreenGuy33, Jan 20, 2010.

1. GreenGuy33

GreenGuy33 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Toyota sent me a quality survey today. I answered it with everyone here in mind.
    I mentioned the reverse braking issue (which I experienced). I mentioned the noise coming from the glove box during very cold weather (which I experienced).
    I love my Prius, but I expect nothing less than perfection from Toyota.

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I believe these surveys should never be quickly submitted. Spend at least a few weeks or a month with the car. This gives everything a chance to settle in and for you to realize what you like & dislike.

If you want high marks on a survey, earn them. Better than the competition (or we don't suck as bad as they do) isn't going to cut it. You need to be better than the standard. The Gen2 set the standard pretty high. So far, in my experience (~1 month), the Gen3 hasn't even measured up, so it has a good bit of ground to cover before it meets expectations.

1 person likes this.
  3. GreenGuy33

GreenGuy33 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks. I have had the car for about a month now. Though things can still happen, I wanted to let Toyota know about some issues asap.

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i did mine after i had my car more than 2 months... and had received my 3rd email reminder.

one thing the survey concentrated on was the dealer experience, not so much the impressions of the car.

later i did get another survey from...from...someone about the quality of the car...

5. liskipper

liskipper Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just submitted my survey, basically saying that the NAV, Bluetooth and poor radio reception spoil an otherwise excellent car. I also noted the brake problem leading to a "surge" sensation that I and others are having. It would be nice if they actually read and act on these things.

6. Jabber

Jabber Chicagoland Prius Guy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Speaking from experience, just be careful which survey you are getting. There is one that is all about the dealership experience. If you start marking down that everything is poor based on your evaluation of the car, you are only hurting your salesperson/dealership. If you think they did a poor job, fine. But if you are marking the wrong survey you are costing the salesperson (either commission or possibly their certification). Some of you may not care, but it isn't right that you are hurting the wrong entity.

7. Felt

Felt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Please do not be defensive .... I am not taking issue with you or your points. That said, someone explain why the radio reception is faulted? I live in a populated area, and the radio seems fine. Is it an issue with distant reception? Is it an issue with satellite radio? Might the antenna be at fault?

I have written elsewhere, I have no fault with the NAV system .... only the software. Toyota could do a lot better. I wrote the software company shortly after we bought the Prius. They responded, but it was not helpful.

What would make the bluetooth more acceptable? My telephone rings, I answer, I can call .... I am not sure what a better system would do that mine does not. (Maybe I do not want to know, because right now I am happy) LOL

8. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    probably posting this too late but the ABC World New Tonight will have a segment on "runaway Toyota's and other problems"

being on the West Coast means that it has already aired, but if it not too late, check it out if you can

9. Sneezy

Sneezy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

:eek:

with mass production you will not get that. I know someone sho had a Sienna bought back under lemon law.

You simply expect to much.

10. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Probably. If one settles for crap that's all one's going to get. If you want mediocre, buy something from Detroit.

1 person likes this.
  11. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm living in well populated area and can compare my old 2005 Corolla FM with the Prius one. The P's radio is significantly worse. I complained at local Toyota, but they have no solution yet, but our market is not significant for Toyota. Maybe European central will take care.

12. Sneezy

Sneezy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Actually, most of Toyotas cars/trucks are mediocre, in design. The Prius is the only Toyota I would buy, and did buy. The rest bore me.

But I guess to most people that are blinded by Toyota (like the old GM & Ford guys were blinded) 6.5 million in recalls lately and the fact the the Tundra & FJ were the most embarasing vehicles ever introduced in the past 10 years... well thats perfection for ya.

I'm simply not brand loyal. I buy what I like. I've bought my last GM car and my last Honda. What will I buy next? Who knows.

I like my wifes Prius but is has it's flaws like any vehicle. The problem is that it's starting to rattle like my HHR. Just what we need, trips to the dealer.

My 2000 Trans Am has yet to exhibit a rattle, and for a car that is as tight as it is, one would EXPECT them.

The Trans Am is my vehicle of choice to drive, in the summer anyway. She sleeps all winter.