1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anti Roll bars for the Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by EasyRider, May 8, 2008.

1. EasyRider

EasyRider New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Dose any one sell the roll bars and shocks that the Touring model has to upgrade the non touring model?

I've seen the B Tech front and rear braces, and that some get new tires. I will most likely try those mods first.

I guess the dearler may be able to sell the shocks and sway bars from the Touring model to upgrade my 08 Prius package 6 with stiffer sway bars and shocks. Dose any other manufacture make upgrade suspension parts for the Prius?

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Read this thread about the Touring suspension parts -- FRONT: stabilizer bar only / REAR: stabilizer bar, shocks & springs -- that are different than those on the Standard Prius:

http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-main-forum/41925-touring-suspension-parts-research.html

As to aftermarket upgrade/performance suspension parts, the only ones I know of are the TRD Sportivo struts/shocks & springs.

Don't think anyone makes an anti-sway bar for the Prius.

Besides the BT Tech front strut tower brace and rear stiffening plate, TOMs makes front, rear and chassis braces for the Prius as well.

3. EasyRider

EasyRider New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  4. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I hear that the TRD struts/shocks & springs are stiffer than anything on the Standard or Touring Prius. Note that they will lower your car 20 mm in the front and 15 mm in the rear.

You might want to check out the Sigma Automotive website for Prius aftermarket parts, including performance parts like the TRD struts/shocks & springs, TOMs front, rear and floor braces:

Sigma Automotive – Toyota Hybrid Prius 2004 - 2009 OEM & JDM auto accessories