1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anti Theft System Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by felton, Apr 25, 2005.

1. felton

felton New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I recently received my 05 BC (pkg 6) from an out of state dealer. I did not purchase any "port added options" other than the mats. More concisely, I did not add the glass break sensor. Having read through the forums, I understand that all the Prius packages contain the alarm system, although it may not be "turned on" in some of the base model packages. My problem, or at least my question, is that I think it may not be turned on in my car as well. The remote lock/unlock button works just fine, as does the smark key system. I have noticed that when I push the red alarm button on my fob, nothing happens. I haven't been able to lock the doors and then manually open them and get the alarm to sound.

I am a bit perplexed but not all that concerned as I think car alarms are just an annoyance anyway for most folks. I suppose I could bring it to the attention of the local dealership when I bring it in for the first service as a "warranty issue" and let them deal with it. Is there something I am overlooking or not understanding about how the alarm system works sans the optional glass break sensor?

Thanks for any suggestions. This is a great forum and I love my car!

Randy
    05 Salsa BC
    Dallas

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

You have to hold the panic button for about 2 seconds before it will go off. This is to prevent false triggering while it is in your pocket, something that my Saturn often did.

Test alarm: lower window, power off car, lock door in any convenient manner, wait 30 seconds for alarm to arm. The red car with the key should go from steady to blinking when it is armed.
    Open door from inside handle. Don't use outside, as then you will operate SKS and unlock.

The owner's manual does describe how to test the alarm by the way.

3. felton

felton New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DanMan32\";p=\"84239)</div>
    Thanks Dan. I knew I should have used an alias before posting something that I was doing wrong:)
    It does work. My last car had no delay and I occasionally set it off by accident. Perhaps one of the reasons I am not all that enthusiastic about car alarms. Mine seems to work fine.

Thanks again:)

Randy