1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anticipation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by scottw07071961, Mar 27, 2005.

1. scottw07071961

scottw07071961 New Member

Hello all! I'm on the waiting list for my '05 Prius (about a month away). I've sorted through some issues, and with the help of other Priuschat members, I'm eagerly anticipating 'the call'.
    Instead of getting too serious, political or technical, I'm just savoring the moment. After all, how often in life does a situation like this come up? Before we get married, we go through an 'engagement' period before the wedding. Before buying a house, we go through the anticipation of having an accepted offer and hoping everything works out before the closing. When applying for a job, there can be a tense waiting period before knowing if we got it or not.
    But most car purchases are pretty quick, once a price is agreed on. Even though waiting periods have decreased for the Prius, it still puts us in a unique situation. I drove by a Prius today (one of only a handful I've ever SEEN) and remarked: "Hey, it's really good looking too!".
    So... I just had to send this message off to anyone else who is waiting or who remembers the wide-eyed anticipation of waiting. Anticipation gives us time to do some research...be ready to answer questions of co-workers and curious onlookers...time to clean the garage!
    If anyone is waiting or remembers 'the wait', feel free to give your 2 cents worth to this very 'informal' discussion! WOO-HOO !!!!!

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    There most certainly is an anticipation period very similar to those you've listed. In some cases, some people have asked for support to know that they've done the right thing in signing up for a Prius. This could be interpretted as similar to cold feet pre-wedding, as you mention.

But there's one thing that you have failed to mention. Not that you forgot, rather that you don't know about it. Yet. Just like the wedding and honeymoon bliss, just like being able to crank your music up real loud and run up and down the steps in your own house, just like that first month on the job when everything's new and exciting, once you get your Prius, you will never want to stop driving it. You will get out only when forced to and even then you will have the manual cradled under your arm for a little late night reading.

The anticipation of the Prius is only half the story. The really fun part is the after-glow. :)