1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any 2007 Prius (w/Navi) Bluetooth solutions out there

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by spincast, Mar 28, 2007.

1. spincast

spincast New Member

I know posts on this topic are around, but many are scattered and answers seem to differ based on model year. I am trying to figure out how best to use the Blutooth handsfree system and Navigation system in 2007 Prius with my Verizon (heckle away) RAZR V3m cellphone. I've heard that there are solutions using a laptop for phonebook transfer, they all seem to be PC based, and I am a Mac user.

If anyone has any suggestions on the following topics it would be greatly appreciated for this Prius Newbie.

1. Is there a way to transfer phonebook data from a Verizon V3m to the Prius?

2. Is there a way to transfer phonebook data from a Bluetooth enabled Mac?

3. Is there a way to use the voice dialing feature built into the Moto RAZR V3m with the steering wheel control, as opposed to the Prius voice dialing feature?

4. Is there a way to disable the "grey out" safety function of the Navigator system and Bluetooth system without having to buy the Coastal Electronic Tech - Lockpick product?

Thanks in advance to any respondants.

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(spincast @ Mar 28 2007, 03:03 PM) [snapback]413794[/snapback]</div>

On the Sprint version of the v3m, you can transfer contacts 10 at a time.

Donno

No. The car supports Hands-free profile only. Not Headset.

Not without cutting some wires. :eek:

3. Platypus

Platypus New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    1. Is there a way to transfer phonebook data from a Verizon V3m to the Prius?
    Motorola handsets are infamous for their inconsistent bluetooth implementation but I don't have first-hand experience with the V3m and Prius combo. Could be tricky or simple, depends if the current firmware revision was compiled on a friday I guess :p

2. Is there a way to transfer phonebook data from a Bluetooth enabled Mac?
    Yes this should be possible. I've connected a Sony Ericsson handset to a powerbook and macbook pro with no issues. The same handset connects perfectly with the Prius daily and transferred nearly 100 contacts in one go. It seems safe to assume that you can take the handset out of the above equation.

3. Is there a way to use the voice dialing feature built into the Moto RAZR V3m with the steering wheel control, as opposed to the Prius voice dialing feature?
    Very doubtful. My handset also has a voice dialing feature but it is not possible to activate it without initiating it directly. :( The good news is that the Prius' voice dial feature works pretty well as does Dial By Number as long as you have the time to set up the voice tags and get accustomed to what the car expects to hear.

4. tvenar

tvenar New Member

1. Verizon does not allow you to use these bluetooth features, although they are built into yor phone. There are hacks out there - you need to have a cable for your phone and a seam editor (a piece of software that writes hex code to your phone). There are many pages out for this - I did it with a Verizon phone (not a razr - my work phone is a Verizon Motorola with bluetooth) and it worked fine. TMobile and apparently sprint (mentioned below) allow you free use of the phone. Motorola builds this editing into the phone because vendors like verizon want to make these services ala carte - even through the phone is capable. Little did you know when you bought the service, you were getting a crippled phone.

The reason is that Verizon charges a fee to do manage your contacts and subsequently, the only bluetooth feature enabled are the hands free stuff. You also cannot change yoru audio files on the phone or send/recieve pictures. A rip-off if you ask me. I use tmobile and have been very happy with it.

You could use iSync to connect your phone to your Mac, if you hacked the phone or used another wireless vendor. It's built into OSX. It will transfer to the Mac's address book.

Sorry to bear bad news.