1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any advice before I pick up the new Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tampadriver, Aug 12, 2008.

1. tampadriver

tampadriver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm a newbie here. I've been on a waitlist and I pick up my Prius at the end of August. Does anyone have any advice on what to ask the dealership, what to inspect, before I drive off? Beyond the obvious checking for nicks, etc.

I bought a Barcelona Red package #2 with window tint and floor mats as extras. I'll install my own XM XpressRC radio.

From looking around the forum, I see I should;
    1. Make sure the window tint is the right % and legal in Florida.
    2. Make sure the Prius doesn't lean noticeably left or right.
    3. Should I check alarm operation?
    What else?

Thanks!

2. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hopefully, your dealer will make most of the suggestions needless worry for you, but just in case . . .

1. Go through the list of items you expect to find in the car and make certain all are included.
    2. Same on dollars!
    3. Say No, Thank You! to all finance office offers for extra buys -- you can get better deals on service programs and extended warranties through PriusChat.
    4. Expect (demand, if necessary) an extended period of time with the dealer (sales or service, though I'd suggest service) going over the basics of operation of the car.
    5. Bring a small notebook to begin tracking your mileage!
    6. Come with enough lotion so you won't have cracked and damaged skin from the constant and large smile that will be plastered on your face all day.
    Enjoy!

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Take with you a copy of the inspection checklist:
    Prius Pick-up Checklist
    It was developed for the 2004 but the current model is essentially identical.