1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any Applique Installers in NW WA?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Smooth Operator, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Smooth Operator

I would like to get the rear bumper applique applied to my Prius. It is not available in Canada. I could order it and have it installed by someone. But given that there is apparently no guide as to where to apply it to have it line up properly, I would kind of like to have it applied by a shop that has already applied one.

I sent email to one Toyota dealership in Bellingham. They sell the applique, but do not install it.

Anyone have suggestions for somewhere Seattle or north who could do this work?

2. RobertO

RobertO New Member

Resource; Bellevue WA - apply de applique; $ 10K rear ender

There is a collision repair shop near Michael's Toyota in Bellevue - just a couple of block off I-405. An easy shot off of I-5 if you're coming down from BC. Michael's Toyota sent me there on a very minor warranty thing involving an "outie" (opposite of an innie) dimple on my gas flap.

PRIUS TRIVA SIDEBAR: These guys recently repaired an '04 with major/major damage due to being rear-ended. About $ 10,000 US worth. Turns out the owner is from Bellevue. I guess he recently had to move to Atlanta; he's the new CEO of Delta Airlines.

Oh yeah. He definately took his Prius with him.

Reason I recommend these guys is they seem to be pretty savvy about the '04, and do nice work on decals, appliques, trim, etc. in addition to body work.

Michael's Toyota has the part in stock for $ 67.32 US (ouch!) and will install it for $ 45.00 US.

My guys at the body shop will install it for $ 24.00. They are in back of the Buick dealership on Bellevue's Auto Row.

Exotic Motors Auto Rebuild
    638 116th Ave. NE
    Bellevue Wa
    425 451 0229

Good luck.

Bob

3. glscheil1

glscheil1 New Member

It's rather simple to install.Full Instructions come with it and all you need is some soapy water and a small squegee. I installed mine and it looks good. Be prepared for a shock when you look at it. It's very thin but strong and only covers the top portion of the rear bumper. It's designed to eliminate scratches on top of your bumper.

4. glscheil1

glscheil1 New Member

I forgot to tell you that they are expensive. You also need warm weather to install it or a warm garage.