1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any color, base/GY/BI/AM, 10/3/2004, Portland OR

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by Rickster, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Rickster

Rickster Junior Member

Date Ordered: 10/2/2004
    Dealer Ordered From: Ron Tonkin Toyota, Portland, OR
    Timeframe given for delivery: 3-6 mo.
    Color: Any
    Option Package: Base, #1 GY, #3 BI, or #4 AM (2005 numbering)
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: n/a

The sales reps I talked to were a bit confused... apparently there was a (local? regional?) "Toyota meeting" last week that changed Tonkin's ordering procedure. On the plus side, they didn't want a deposit to get on the waiting list. But they also no longer commit to whether they'll charge a dealer markup when it comes in, or how much it'd be.

2. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Rickster.. I think you are being played.... Broadway Toyota is showing a Blue Prius in inventory..and the price is in line for the BC package.. it sounds like you may have 'ordered' but without putting down any deposit I would think you are not committed... you might look at another dealer in Portland.. or contact the General Manager Alternative Fuel Vehicles at Ron Tonkin... I am sure you can get him to give you a firm quote from your computer desk...

Bob Andersen

Stock No: 27755
    Price: $26,455
    Mileage:
    Ext Color: Blue
    Trans: Automatic

Broadway Toyota
    307 NE Broadway
    Portland, OR 97232

Jerry Rousselle
    503-284-1105

Contact Jon Geffen

[email protected]

General Manager Alternative Fuel Vehicles

Hybrid Electric Automobiles

Ron Tonkin Dealerships

122 NE 122nd Avenue

Portland, OR 97230

503-408-4150

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BobA\";p=\"43368)</div>
    Or an exorbitant markup of a lesser package.

4. Rickster

Rickster Junior Member

Got a call back a heckuva lot faster than I expected to. Kelly called me earlier this afternoon, and they have a Prius for me already. They just got allocated a 2005, base model (aka package #0), black... a combination nobody else on their lists wants. $5000 dealer markup, but she called that negotiable, and when she referred me to her manager to work out the details, I talked him down to $2000. Sounds like they may try to make some accessories part of the deal, but we'll see. Made a $1000 credit-card deposit over the phone, and we'll deal with the rest once I can get down to Portland this weekend.

If they're trying to play me, they're sure sinking a lot of effort into the hoax. :)

Woohoo!

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rickster\";p=\"45040)</div>
    This is still WAY out of line. The supply lines are opening up. $2,000 over MSRP for instant gratification is a high price.

6. Rickster

Rickster Junior Member

Thanks in part to the fact that my wife and I had separate conversations with the dealer before we could all three be in the same place at the same time, we got the ADM almost completely negotiated away, and there's a pretty new car in our driveway now. Yay!