1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any deals in Colorado?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Blurry, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Blurry

Blurry New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi all,

It seems there's a large supply of Prii around, and I've seen posts that indicate prices are negotiable in California and other places. Anyone buy a new Prius in Colorado recently? Were you able to negotiate? If so, what package did you get, and for what price? Any dealerships that you would recommend? Are there any advantages or disadvantages to buying out of state, like in Wyoming or New Mexico? (I'm assuming I don't need to purchase the vehicle in Colorado to take advantage of the $3000 CO tax credit.)

Has anyone made a very long distance Prius purchase? I ask, because if Colorado dealers are not budging on price, perhaps it would be worth it to purchase one from California or elsewhere. I'm sure it gets complicated with state sales tax, title, license, insurance, etc., to purchase a car too many states away and then drive it back home.

Anyway, we're looking to buy soon. I appreciate any feedback, especially on whether Colorado dealers are making deals these days.

Thanks!

2. 4chi

4chi New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blurry @ Jan 13 2007, 06:55 PM) [snapback]375265[/snapback]</div>
    Can't say...I bought back in September and paid sticker at Mountain States. Everywhere else that I called was just at sticker also. But demand was higher back then to get in under the fed tax cutoff. No idea what they might be doing now....good luck.

3. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blurry @ Jan 13 2007, 03:55 PM) [snapback]375265[/snapback]</div>
    Call Pavel at John Elway. Tell him Nate said he'd give you a huge discount on a Prius.

Nate

4. 1x1

1x1 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius @ Jan 15 2007, 12:47 PM) [snapback]375931[/snapback]</div>
    :) :) :)

Nate, is this legit still? I think Elway have changed names to "GO." Does Pavel work at the Arapahoe Road GO?

5. mschrank

mschrank New Member

Bought my 07 Touring from Burt about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Went through Internet Sales. Brad Ambrozevitch,
    303-789-6626. Found exactly what I wanted.

He quoted Invoice right off the bat. Very good to deal with & great follow up.

MHS

6. cireecnop1

cireecnop1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mhs @ May 15 2007, 01:46 PM) [snapback]442676[/snapback]</div>
    Do not go to Toyota of Colorado Springs, they dont know a f**ing thing about the Prius. Neither did Pueblo Toyota but Toyota in Springs had the car I wanted......The dealer ship in Golden (I think it is Burt?) they were really nice and answered all my questions, but they didn't have what I wanted.

7. singingtiger

singingtiger New Member

A Costco membership will provide you with a discount.
    I used mine at the Stevinson dealership in Golden.

8. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'd disagree with a previous poster and suggest that you avoid Go Toyota Arapahoe (John Elway Toyota) at all costs! I just bought mine from them a couple of months ago, and it was a miserable experience. They tried to sell me a $400 alarm system after incorrectly informing me my options package had no alarm, they almost overcharged me by a thousand dollars when they *ahem* accidentally wrote down a price much higher than we agreed on minutes before, they wrote down the wrong accessory purchase, then didn't return my phone calls about the mistake and they messed up my license plate paperwork (though they had me pay about $400 in "dealer fees" for the process) and wouldn't return my phone calls about that problem, either.

Steer clear!

That said, yes, you can get some pretty good deals in Colorado. The competitive price was just at dealer invoice, or about $26,000 out-the-door for a Prius with everything but leather seats (GPS, Bluetooth, aux jack for iPod, etc.). This deal is made all the sweeter because Toyota is offering incentives like two-year 0% financing to help move the cars!

What I did when shopping was use the Toyota website to send pretty much everyone in town an email asking them to quote me a price on the package/color I wanted, and I found that the highest price quote came from the Boulder dealer, while the lowest prices were actually from Stevenson Toyota East in Aurora if I remember correctly (I dumbly asked Go Toyota if they'd match the price because they were closest to my home).

If you decide to solicit price quotes as I did, make sure to get the out-the-door price (including dealer fees) because the dealers in Colorado have hidden fees to nudge up the price.

PS - If you decide to buy a Prius, you'll love it! I considerred it my dream car before I bought it and the vehicle actually exceeded my expectations!