1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any exterior modifications for Prius 2011?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by dchaille, Apr 7, 2012.

1. dchaille

dchaille Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Obviously, Toyota has been quite successful in selling many Prius hybrids since the parking lots and highways seem full of them. Mine is a gray-silver exterior and many of the other Prius cars are the same popular color. Sometimes, I've walked up to someone else's car by mistake. I have been looking for some attractive ways to differentiate the exterior of my Prius. I have considered decals, trim and antenna balls or flags. Is anyone aware of any over-the-counter products that I could use to make my car look a little different? If so, can you suggest a store or web link to purchase the item?

Thanks
    David
    Long Beach, California

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Moved to the accessories and modifications forum...

3. gsodonis

gsodonis Recent Hybrid Convert

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Put a Bush/Cheney 2008 bumper sticker on it :D
    Practically every Prius I've seen in TN sports an Obama/Biden decal.

4. Socal Pete

Socal Pete Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I was on the road yesterday here in LA and in 20 minutes I counted a least 10 Prius's. Seven were BP, one red and two silver. There were five of us at the intersection at one point.

Answering the op's question....either a decal or the shark fin would be the least expensive way to go. Otherwise get some different wheels.

5. SoCalBPrius

SoCalBPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So right that there are alot of genIII prius out there but even in a shopping mall full of other BP prius, I can spot mine right away as it is distinct from other stock prius because it is lowered, tinted, has lower rocker moldings, custom wheels(when I have it on), yellow foglights(from front) & unique stickers(from behind):cool:.

6. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Easy. Valenti lights. Impossible to walk up to it by mistake.

GoldPianoGarden likes this.
  7. Chunker

Chunker My name is Chunker...I wear a hat

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Decals and I have a Totoro hanging from my rearview mirror...=)

8. dchaille

dchaille Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ultimately, I customized the look of my Prius in several inexpensive ways. I did not put decals on the rear windows because the rear visibility is already impaired due to the air deflector. This is probably the number one criticism of a Prius. I did find a wide-view rear mirror that clips over the existing mirror. With this simple modification, I get a much better rear view. When the sun is low in the sky, the light tends to blank out the display on the navigation screen. I found a simple plastic shield on the Prius Chat store that solved this problem. I still had the problem of spotting my car in a parking lot since there were so many Prius cars and so many other makes with a similar silver gray color. I solve this in several ways: (1) I bought a distinctive license plate frame for the front and back, (2) I added a decal to right of the rear license plate, (3) I applied a silver chrome piece at the top of the rear bumper. I bought the silver chrome add-on at Pep Boys. It definitely adds a distinctive look to my car. Now when I see another Prius from the rear, my first impression is that the other car looks rather plain. For a while, I had a ball on the antenna, but it was knocked off and lost during a car wash.

9. Chunker

Chunker My name is Chunker...I wear a hat

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yeah...that rear window sucks but the head rests block out about 8" of the left side of that bottom window...so it doesn't matter if you put a decal there cause it wouldn't change the rear view at all...=-)