1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any eyes spy a Prime instock at dealers in Sandy Eggo County, CA?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by PriMan, May 11, 2017.

1. PriMan

PriMan New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Will be in SandyEggo County all next week visiting family ... wanna buy a Prime OFF THE LOT and drive one home the following weekend! We don't live on the Coasts and finding one here is IMPOSSIBLE! LUSTING!!

Thx, PriMan!

2. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    How about OurRanch County, to the north? We've got a lot of free ranging Prii Primes out here!, Har, har. Prices are better on the East Coast, but we're closer to SandyEggo County!! Unfortunately, haven't been out chopping since I got Advanced, so you'll have to check pricing/availability. Give me yell here if you're interested; I'll see what I can do to help. What part of Flyover are you in?

3. Since2002

Since2002 Senior Lurker

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ha!! It used to be OurRanch County when I was growing up there in the 1960's. Back when Irvine Ranch was still a real ranch. Now it should be called OffRamp County.

HPrimeAdvanced likes this.
  4. Prime Example

Prime Example Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Those free range Prii are the best....gotta keep them out of those cages so they can roam free!

5. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    you sir, are the Prime Example why Primes should roam free:p

Prime Example and HPrimeAdvanced like this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    why not make a separate trip east, and save yourself $4-5,000.?

7. Jnbrown

Jnbrown Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I live here in SD, don't bother it is a captive market. No dealers have cars on the lot and getting a price quote is near impossible.
    I bought mine from Autonation Cerritos in L.A. highly recommend, or better yet as mentioned go to east coast where they have $2500 Toyota rebate. Even in L.A. it will be hard to find one to buy off the lot, call ahead and make arrangements to reserve one.

8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    even dianne is struggling to get them.

sfv41901 likes this.
  9. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
  10. HPrimeAdvanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Who is Dianne?

11. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    @DianneWhitmire is the Director of fleet sales at Carson Toyota. Great woman. Bought my 2015 Prii from her.

iPhone ?

bisco and HPrimeAdvanced like this.
  12. HPrimeAdvanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thanks!
    Primo, Web Sales Manager at Toyota Place in Garden Grove California has a silver Prime Plus, Moonstone interior in stock as of 11:30am 5-12-17, and a white Prime Premium, black interior due in about 4 days (at the port, nearby). They sell at MSRP. They service my cars; I tried to buy Advanced there, but they didn't get car as quickly as Longo. He said very few Advanceds available and that there are 5,000 Primes being shipped west of the Mississippi, and that's it; most of those go to California!!
    Ouch!

13. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    :mad::mad::mad:!!!!!!

14. Nancy S

Nancy S Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Mine came from Toyota of Sandy Eggo. I found it online at cars.com and called them. They were unaware that they had it but checked their stock and confirmed they did have the exact one I was looking for and called them about. I drove to San Diego to see it and they pulled it around from the back with the packing material still on it. I came back the next day to drive it home(we stayed overnight in San Diego). They currently show 5 in their inventory and it looks like a rainbow of colors. There's several other dealers in that area in Poway and Escondido that also show some inventory. Some might be preorders for others, but it only costs a phone call to see what they really have hiding in the back. Search all on cars.com from your zip code and search by distance to figure out if those dealers may work for you. Message me if you end up buying in California if you have questions about how they work the registration for out of state purchases. That was a nightmare for me.

15. Prius from Dad

Prius from Dad Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Same happened to me at Gateway Toyota in NJ. They had a Red Plus but I wanted a Silver Premium. They were going to check other dealers for it, but they actually had one in the back that just came in that they weren't aware of. Karma can be pretty cool sometimes! :)

16. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    If you look on auto trader in San Diego, there are only a few. Much more are in LA. However, there is one in San Diego: a red Advanced for $31k certified pre owned with 700 miles on the odometer (Good deal, but I don't know why someone would sell it that soon). Orange County has a little bit more than San Diego. If you're coming to San Diego, it'd be wise to look in LA because there's more selection. Good dealers around here are Toyota Carlsbad (San Diego), AutoNation Toyota Irvine, and Santa Margarita Toyota.

17. Captmiddy

Captmiddy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I was just in Schaumburg and saw a Prime from El Cajon Toyota charging at the charger next to me. He had bought it out in CA since there were no vehicles local, so you may want to check some of the smaller dealerships in that area as well. I will say that 10 hours driving in a Prime is a long day. Plan accordingly if you are going a long way to get one.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

18. PriMan

PriMan New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for all the Sandy Eggo help on Primes, Ladies and Gents. You Rock and Roll and All That Jazz! Will arrive in SD on Tuesday and start looking right away...will keep you posted! Thx again!

bisco likes this.
  19. Jnbrown

Jnbrown Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I just checked Toyota SD and they have 7 in stock, 5 Advanced, 1 Premium, 1 Plus.
    So availability looks to be getting better. I got $1,000 rebate plus $700 off MSRP from Autonation so I would try to negotiate for something like that.