1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any fog solution in Canada?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Koolfreak, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Koolfreak

Koolfreak Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm in the market for fog light for my PC2. Local Toyota dealer asking 890$ + taxes for fog lights complete kit.

Total: 1038$ before installation.

I would want a kit like this for much much cheaper Toyota of McDonough Parts — 00016-47160 Toyota Prius C Fog Light Kit

but Toyota Mcdonough don't ship in Canada.

Same kit are available on EBay.com, but sellers don't accept to ship to Canada.

Anyone have another place in mind? 1038$ is a totally rape from local dealer in Canada.

Thanx.

2. PartsNinja

PartsNinja Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yeah the reason is Toyota introduced a revision to it's dealer agreement that keeps all Toyota dealers from exporting parts outside of their respective marketing areas. Any U.S. dealer that sells outside the country risks big papa Toyota getting upset. My suggestion is for you to find someone in the U.S. to serve as a proxy buyer for you. If you have someone you can trust to pay for it from a U.S. address and forward it to you, that has been done by lots of Canadian Toyota owners.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    How close are you to the US border? Can you get it installed at a US dealership instead?

4. 13Plug

13Plug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm in Canada I buy my stuff from TRDsparks.com it's way cheaper than buying locally. They ship to Canada, no problem.