1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any Good Dealers In CT?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by andyz, Jul 12, 2005.

1. andyz

andyz New Member

I'm looking for guidance from anybody with experience buying a Prius In CT. I would like some help/recommendation on a dealer and recent pricing experience/input. Thanks. I'm just starting out -- doing my homework --and trying to get educated.

2. dreichla

dreichla New Member

We tried to buy one here in CT but got so sick of the process, we ended up buying one in NC.

We dealt first with Branch Toyota in Watertown. Unfortunately, they were a victim of the "high volume / low volume dealer" allocation method and couldn't (wouldn't?) find the car we wanted quickly enough. They were honorable, however, and promptly returned our deposit.

My advise, call around to everyone and let them know what car you want. Find the high volume dealer who doesn't jack up the price and will work for you. I got calls from another dealer in Litchfield who was very close to finding our car (wrong interior color.)

While it was true at the time of our purchase, you may find the dealers are held somewhat hostage to regional allocations, with preferential allocations going to the dealerships with the highest volumes. When we called out of our northeast region and down to the mid atlantic region, we had the exact car within 4 days.

Check out my post under Good Toyota/Prius Dealers for my endorsement of the dealership we purchased our car from. But it's really a haul from CT!

Good luck.

3. jandmayra

jandmayra New Member

Despite my distance, I have been in contact with a dealer in Milford (New Haven County, just east of Fairfield County). Unfortunately, it seems that their Prius stock is low to non-existant and they are unwilling to negotiate. You best bet may be to search out-of-state, although I understand that if you do purchase the vehicle in CT you do not pay sales tax (or is it registration?) due to its environmentally friendly nature. :)

Best of luck to you. Please let us know where you do wind up buying.

4. dreichla

dreichla New Member

Doesn't matter what state you purchase your car from, you won't have to pay Connecticut's state sales tax since you're registering it here.

That really helps sweeten the deal!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you DO pay the sales tax in the state of registration. So if you purchase a Prius in CT, and then register it in another state, you WILL pay the tax of that state (even though CT is tax exempt.)