1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any good-hearted owners out there, Siriusly

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by dpframing, Nov 17, 2005.

1. dpframing

dpframing "Nobody tells me what to do, not even me."

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    IS there anyone out there who would be willing to loan out their Factory Interactive DVD for the Sirius custom receiver install???
    I am attempting an install of a regular Sirius receiver and I have no idea how to access the radio or anything on the dash since it seems so seamless. I know the DVD would start me off in the right direction.
    So if anyone is trusting enough to loan out their DVD so I can burn myself a copy, I would be Siriusly grateful. I'd send it back pronto via FedEx express.
    Thanks,
    Domenic
    Brooklyn Prius owner since July 2005.

2. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Don't be so cheap. Spend the $30 to buy your own copy.

Jon has supported the Prius community since the beginning and deserves our support.

3. ScubaX

ScubaX Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Why would the DVD help you for a regular Sirius receiver install? If it is not designed for the Toyota factory radio, it is not going to be connected to the back anyway. There are PDF files around that will help you figure out how to remove the panels around the radio.

Easy steps to gain access to the back of the radio where the AUX plug is at:

Remove the glove box - instructions are in your manual.
    Reach behind the vent to the right of the radio from the glove box opening and put your fingers towards the bottom of the panel and push out. The panel will just pop straight out.
    Get a 10mm socket and long extension or long phillips screw driver and remove the nut from the white box centered in the vent panel area.
    Maniputlate this white box (computer) out of the way and you can access the plug which is the empty receptacle on the (if non-JBL) right side of the radio as you face the radio. I don't know where the JBL version is at.

4. dpframing

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    #1 I wasn't aware that the DVD could be purchased separately. I am not cheap, in fact you don't even know me.
    #2 The true price is $39.95. I checked.
    #3 You can support Jon if you want to, but don't tell US how to spend our money.

5. dpframing

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    ScubaX:
    Thanks so much for your help. I've run into a few Prius snobs on the site , and you're not one of them. I've chosen the install a Starmate receiver and yes it is a wireless connection to the radio, so I don't have to access anything.

6. IndyDoug

IndyDoug New Member

After having my plug-n-play Sirius One receiver for 24 hours using the FM transmitter I'm ready for a direct connection using the VAIS adapter. Thanks for this info.

7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    no need for that. download info on how to access stereo

http://www.chrisdragon.com/downloads/Stere...us,%20v1.03.pdf

8. PriusInsight

PriusInsight New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dpframing @ Nov 20 2005, 11:03 PM) [snapback]158828[/snapback]</div>

I read that you have the Sirius Starmate in you Prius.

I am thinking of this unit as well There is a install kit that designed for permanent installation in a Single DIN slot, like the cubby hole under the CD slot in the Prius.

I am thinking of this kit for a Starmate installation.

Questions: 1) Is the Starmate Display too bright for you?

2) How did you install your Starmate in the Prius?

Thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IndyDoug @ Nov 27 2005, 04:05 PM) [snapback]162188[/snapback]</div>
    How did you install the Sirius One?

Direct Connection should be easy in the 2006 with the Aux In. Earlier models should do well with the VAIS or with a wired FM Modulator...

9. dpframing

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    100 % satisfied with the Starmate, if you hard-wire it into the radio for better reception. It's a $20 part. The mount is under the radio with a suction cup. I mounted the antenna behind the radio antennna on the roof. The wire was snaked using the flexible trim around the windows inside the car, starting with the hatchback. Since I take the unit out and connect to my home stereo, the mount is not permanent. I have a lifetime subscrition, adn I don't want to buy another one. And the unit is bright , but it's a cool blue. To hard wire it , access the back of the car radio through the glove box, pull out the car antenna plug from the back of the radio, plug in the Sirius antenna to the car radio, and plug the car antenna radio onto the antenna plug of the installed part. No wireless signal, no hiss, clear as a bell. And if you live in a city with ground repeaters, which boost the signal from the sattellite, it's super-clean digital sounding. Good luck.

Domenic
    dpframing

10. BobR

BobR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dpframing @ Nov 17 2005, 11:10 PM) [snapback]157372[/snapback]</div>
    Craig made this to help install the AIC-100i. It should be all you need to get to the back of the radio.