1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any mommy of two out there?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kiki_bos, Apr 2, 2005.

1. kiki_bos

kiki_bos New Member

I love prius and wanting to buy one. Since I have a 15 month old who owns a quite big car seat and also I'm now planning to have another one. I'm concerning the space: is the back seat still big enough for another adult(midium size) to sit after I put two car seats?

Thanks.

kiki

2. sshen

sshen New Member

Mommy of two!!! Shake hands!!!

I have a 4-year old(almost) on booster seat and a 8-month old on the convertible (backward facing). My prius is arriving in a week a so, will give you an update on the space issue.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Evan is a father of 3 and has fitted 3 seats back there with no problem. I think someone had a similar concern as you do and Evan posted his picture. I'll try and find it for you

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Here it is

http://priuschat.com/forums/problems-getti...ius-vt6814.html

just scroll down til you find the pic!

Edit: Judging by the middle baby seat, you might be able to fit a skinny person in there. It'll depend how large your two baby seats are. Also note, even without the baby seats, 3 people abreast is a bit tight.

5. dvd

dvd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well, I'm the father of twin 1-year old girls, but we've never tried putting their Britax Wizard's into the Prius. They are pretty bulky seats, so I suspect that a) a medium sized adult couldn't fit between them, and B) even if she could, how would she get in and out?? :) Not to mention all the gear that you have to carry around to support two infants/toddlers! The Highlander Hybrid might be more suitable for you.

hence the minivan. (shudder)

minivan + prius = at least neutral karma, right????? (fingers crossed) :)

We need a Sienna Hybrid....

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    1 Car seat + adult = yes
    2 car seats + adult = very tight squeeze, wouldn't recommend for other than very short trips.

As mentioned, however, getting 3 car seats in is possible (some, like the britex) are too wide to get 3 accross though. The 3 Gracos we use fit a little tight, but OK...the kids don't complain and would way rather ride in the Prius than in the Minivan.

That said, we're on the wait list for a Highlander Hybrid this summer for a more roomy travel/family vehicle that is NOT a mini-van!

Why do you anticipate needing room for an adult in the back with the car seats? Just curious.