1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any news on 06 mp3 capability?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by westofrome, Nov 7, 2005.

1. westofrome

westofrome New Member

I've got an 05 Prius and desperately want an aux input.

I have been putting off getting an AUX Box installed, waiting to see if it might be better/more attractive to retrofit with the new 06 mp3 stylings that have been reported. But, has anyone seen more detail or pictures on what and where the aux input will be, and whether it will be potentially feasible/desirable to retrofit? Or should I just put in the AUX Box now?

2. Zappa

Zappa New Member

All I've seen was on greenhybrid.com that it will have a minijack in the centerconsole but it didn't explain where...

/Zappa

3. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "new audio system upgrades that feature MP3-media capability and a mini-jack port located in the center console. The mini-jack port allows connectivity to most portable music players and allows users to listen to their portable music collection through Prius upgraded audio systems. "

It sounds to me like 2 upgrades: perhaps the CD player now understands MP3 media, AND the 2006 has a mini-jack in the center console, for plugging in an external MP3 player.

4. taaustin

taaustin New Member

All potentially useful but I'd personally HATE having that butt-ugly cable from the player to the center of the dash in the way.

I'll stick to my under the carpet and up into the secret drawer, hidden away cable to my iPod. Complete oblivion as far as any outside observer is concerned. I regularly have passegers who have a hard time figuring out where all of that good music is coming from until I slide open the drawer and take out the ipod on it's little leash.

(yeah yeah, ipod-2-car interface could better, but what the heck!)

Terry