1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any news on Honda Fit Hybrid?

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by The Electric Me, Jul 23, 2009.

1. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I know Honda announced they were going to produce a Honda Fit Hybrid and they were advancing it's projected release date. But that was when Insight sales were booming, at least in Japan. Now that they have cooled off, I wonder if Honda is backing down on the idea. I'd love to see more hybrids, more affordable hybrids but if Insight sales become stagnant I can't really see Honda releasing a vehicle that would potentially siphon off sales from it's own Insight product.

Anyone have any news on Hondas intentions?

The original debate was shaping up to be Insight vs. Prius is Insight the Prius killer? However, looks like the results might be, Winner Prius, killing both the Insight and the budding- Fit Hybrid.

2. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Honda is supposedly working on a hybrid architecture with two electric motors (like HSD). I think they finally saw the limitation of the IMA. I don't see why they would want to make a Fit hybrid. The seats will not be able to fold and it would become unFit.

1 person likes this.
  3. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    The Honda Fit hybrid *as of now* is supposed to use the I2 IMA design.

1 person likes this.