1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any one know the "ceremony" to marry my blue tooth phone w/ my car's blue tooth?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by sister_sutherland, Jun 21, 2007.

1. sister_sutherland

sister_sutherland New Member

Hi...well, I'm smarter than the average bear, but I cannot figure out how to get my blackberry pearl phone to "communicate" with my prius's blue tooth. I have scoured my owners manual, but not much help there...anyone out there have the 411 on how to get my hands free to work? I have a 2007 prius, package # 6. Thanks

2. kdk84

kdk84 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pete's Mom @ Jun 21 2007, 10:57 PM) [snapback]466172[/snapback]</div>
    I have the same prius package as you and have a Sanyo Katana phone. I simply turned on the bluetooth features on the car and on the phone. I believe this is basically all I had to do. I don't remember exactly but I remember it was quite easy. I believe there may be some settings on your phone you have to play with to make sure you are searching for the car and that you give it permission etc. Everything you need to "play" with is on your phone, same for transferring your contacts. All I had to do on my prius was turn the bluetooth feature on and let it start searching.

Check your phone's manual rather than the prius manual

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Some phones require you to "pair" them with the Bluetooth hands-free device, which in this case is the Prius. Go through the pairing process with your phone, and when it asks for the number, use the one from the MFD screen. It defaults to something like 1111.

Tom

4. lenjack

lenjack Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I had the same problem until I put down the Prius manual and picked up my cellphone manual.

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    "Dearly beloved. We are gathered here today to join together this phone and this car......"

6. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think it's illegal in most states to marry two blue tooths (blue teeth?)

1 person likes this.
  7. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ancient thread, but good point, Michgal. :)