1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

any one really ever regret not going with their first color choice?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by beckaloulou, Jun 16, 2008.

1. beckaloulou

beckaloulou New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I got it I got it I got the call today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy ...my due date is end of july first week of August never believed that I would be so happy hearing that my wait period that was quoted on May 3rd as 1-5 weeks is now going to be 13 weeks but whatever there is a car with my name on its way over...I got my second car color choice the Barcelona red instead of the seaside blue ( really wanted a blue but oh well I am grieving and I am sure I will be happy:) )

So my question is, is there anyone out there that really regretted the fact that they went with their 2nd, 3rd, 4th ....color choice because that is the one that came in first.:yo:
    Thanks Becky

2. MsDaisy

MsDaisy Goddess of Green-land

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I lucked into my dealership having an '08 with my requested package 5 or 6 (it's a 6) coming in that had not been reserved. The color would probably not have been in my top 3 choices (it's the Silver Pine Mica) after looking at the Toyota website. However, it is a much prettier color in person and I'm glad I went ahead and took the car rather than having to wait several months for a different color. Mine will come in sometime this week after less than 2 weeks of waiting.

My neighbor already has the red one, so I did want something different. I also did not want the white or black, but anything else would have been fine with me.

3. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Regret, no. But I still like my first choice (the light green) better than what I ended up with (the silver).

4. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    i wanted black, but i found a spectra blue mica unclaimed and it is undisputably the best color, youre better off with the red, on the prius the seaside blue and other lighter colors are for old people..lol..

5. lululawless

lululawless New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey! I'm 31 and have Seaside Pearl!! I'm not that old!!!!

6. Jiipa

Jiipa MGySgt USMC (Ret)

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I had to buy in September 2007 when my Miata gave up the ghost. We wanted a White package #2 but they did not have any white in any package. They had a #2 Spectra Blue that had just come in that day at the port. Our salesman had never seen a Spectra Blue as it was a new color for '08 but pulled out the paint chips and showed us a Toyota SUV that he thought was about the same color. I went ahead and bought it sight unseen. That evening he called me and said that they had just gotten in a white in a higher package and ablut $2K more, I passed on that one. When the Spectra Blue came in he said that it looked like a darker shade of blue than he had shown us and wanted me to come in to see if it was Okay. When I saw it, I knew that it was the car I wanted. I didn't have any regrets then and still don't. My wife still points out a white Prius when we see one on the street though and tells me how much classier they look, so I guess she has some regrets on the color, but not on the FE.

7. CopaRich

CopaRich New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    We went to the dealer to put down a deposit on a Barcelona Red 2008 Touring Option 6. When we were at the fleet manager's desk, he got a call that a buyer changed her mind on a Barcelona Red 2008 Touring Option 2 that was delivered 1 hour ago.

We bought it on the spot.

I have my color, but missed out in a few options.

8. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Originally, I wanted a Seaside Pearl... then, we saw the Silver Pine Mica, and thought that would be great.

The dealer had Super white. We didn't want to wait, so we got the Super white.

I'm really glad we did! White is an excellent canvas for our creativity! :D

9. autoxic

autoxic Commuter

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yes, I still yearn for the Seaside blue after 4 years. I have the Salsa red, which is okay, but that blue looks really pretty I think. I waited 4 months for my Prius, so I wasn't going to say no when the red model became available. I wish I waited for the blue car, but I'll live without it.

10. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Back in the olden days . . .

After already sufferin' through six months of waiting on the list, my wife and I were out for a walk and came upon a brand new Salsa Red. :wub:

When we got home, I immediately called my dealer and said, " . . . any model, as long as it has VSC and comes in Salsa Red."

Was I willing to wait longer, was the reply.

Absolutely!

Glad I did.

11. Leasa

Leasa New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I had a hard time deciding what color anyway. I really wanted a white car because they are so easy to keep clean. My choice would have been the Barcelona Red but we already have a truck that same color. My next choice would be white and that is what I got. I had no choice on package or color. They had one coming in in 2 days and it was a #3 in Super White! I absolutly LOVE it. My husband wanted me to get silver but he likes the white better now. We tinted the windows and it looks really good! That was a must. The sun just beams in this car and the tint takes it all away.

12. chrisspaulding

chrisspaulding sexy, high tech, fun

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Had my mind set on black - visions of murdering it out (for you old folks, that means making everything on it black: rims, emblems, windows, etc.), but they only had a spectra blue on the lot.

The more I looked at it, the more I liked it.

Now I own it and I'm glad I do, but for the first few weeks my heart was conflicted wondering had I made the right choice. All is settled now and content. My dark blue is just right! More colorful and rare (so far).
    :)

13. charansr

charansr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Wanted Mag Grey... Ended up with my 2nd choice ... Classic silver Metallic. I love the way silver hides dirt..

14. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    we're still waiting to get our first Prius / first Toyota / first Hybrid - my wife and i placed a deposit on a Seaside Pearl / Pkg #3 with Bisque fabric about three weeks ago and MIGHT have it by the end of July - and am very confident we'll both be quite satisfied with the color combination we selected, but ...

... if i had only SEEN a Prius in the SPM beforehand, i dare say i would have chosen that color "hands down". ( contrary to "stereotypical" tendencies ... my wife had agreed to let ME choose the color ... snicker .... )

the SPM as shown in the 2008 brochure is very misleading, i think. some of the SPM photos are QUITE nice, but others simply don't look the same. how was i to know WHICH photos more closely represented the finished product?

just in case there's someone out there who's trying to decide whether they like the SPM or not ... the color as shown in the photos inside the front cover of the 2008 brochure - one photo showing only the hood ... the other showing the hatch-back lid / overlooking a city - is MUCH closer to the actual color than the photos near the center of the brochure - one showing what the rear-view camera "sees" ... the other showing a woman reaching for the door ....

15. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I guess that I fit in the "Old People Group". Our first choice was Seaside Pearl and the second choice was Silver Pine Mica. The Seaside Pearl one got sold a few minutes before we got there. The Silver Pine Mica one was still available so we bought it. That was 16 months ago and we still feel good about our choice.

Attached Files:

16. BigDeal

BigDeal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I could have gotten my Prius probably a month and a half sooner if I had settled for a different color than what I wanted (Spectra Blue). But now that I finally got my car (on June 5) I am really happy I waited it out for the Spectra blue. I think it's a beautiful color. And I'm sure if I had settled for something else, the first time I saw a Spectra blue I would have been bummed that I didn't wait for it.
    But now that the waits are getting so long for everyone, I'm sure it might make someone happier to get the car sooner than worry about the color.

17. Yoda-chan

Yoda-chan New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You can't go wrong with the Barcelona Red...we love ours! :D

18. Kds45

Kds45 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I kinda wanted to get a Grey prius, but when I went to the dealer (back when they had lots on hand), and drove my Barcelona Red one, I was hooked and bought it on the spot. 8,000 miles later I'm still estatic (if I spelled that wrong - I'm really happy)!!

19. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I wanted blue, settled for white. Never looked back. The wait for blue was ????? The white was available the same day I registered at carsdirect.com. 61,000 + trouble free miles and 2 1/2 years later, white is beautiful. I spend much more time driving my car than looking at it. Besides, when you're in the car you can't tell what color it is. I am a little sorry I got beige instead of grey interior. Maybe next time.

20. rwhoyle

rwhoyle Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My wife wanted Barcelona Red and I wanted Driftwood Pearl, both with bisque leather interiors. That's what we ordered and that's what we got. Can't say enough good things about the Touring models.