1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any other New Zealanders on Prius Chat?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by kiwibruce, Feb 9, 2009.

1. kiwibruce

kiwibruce Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

I am a now a proud owner of a 2nd hand 2006 (NZ New) Prius.
    and I just LOVE it.
    Just drove it down to Wellington and averaged 4.9L/100km so am happy with that for my first attempt

Wondering if there are any other kiwis that hang out on this site? I am interested in talking NZ specific stuff how you get accessories here (As it all seems to be US suppliers)

Since I got this car 2nd hand I have no idea of the specs of it what it has and doesn't have yet (not sure how I will ever find out other than going into the local dealer and see if they can shed any light on the specifics of my car.For example, I want to put in an Ipod kit but have no clue what the stereo is capable of etc I see the PC Shop sells Ipod kits but I am not sure if the Stereos that are in our cars are anything like the US ones (Same connectors etc). So if you are from NZ give me a shout.

One question straight off
    Does a New Zealand/Australian model year compare directly with a US? As in does a 2006 here have the same changes that the US 2006 car has?

Thanks

Bruce

pokenoprius likes this.
  2. myhybrid

myhybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello Bruce,

I drive hybrid 2009. so far pretty happy with that.
    Just one question where you go for service?
    Thanks,
    Vikram